Oh how the mighty are falling...

Status
Not open for further replies.
dan2286 said:
pontiacgp said:
If a gas pedal sticks how does that cause the car to increase it's speed?

When the gas pedal sticks in the full throttle position.

I realize that but from what I have read the car accelerates with no warning so it doesn't sound like they had the pedal at full throttle and were accelerating when it stuck. I have heard that there are "experts" who are suggesting the software is causing the problem. With the attitude of Toyota who can believe what they are saying.

that automakers get sued all the time.
no sh*t. and every example you used has nothing to do with a lawsuit over lost resale value.
how hard is this to understand? we're talking about people who may own a car that has no recall or safety issues. but because the overall image of toyota is going downhill, their car is being devalued. and they're suing over it. they are not suing due to a crash, personal injury, or car malfunction on their vehicle. very simple concept.

mega...I think it all has to do with Toyota having problems that Toyota was aware of or reasonably ought to be aware of and because of those problems Toyota was unjustly enriched when an uninformed person relying on the advertising of Toyota purchases one of their vehicles. Many people buy cars with the resale value being an important part of that purchase. It is true sh*t happens as you put it but if Toyota knowingly misrepresented the true condition of the cars, the cars were sold for a higher value than they would have sold for had Toyota informed the buyers of the problems and down the road that will have a serious effect on the value of the car at time of resale. These lawsuits are going to be successful I think if it is proven Toyota knew about the problems before they sold the cars. Also if Toyota has nothing to hide why were they accused of destroying documents.

megaladon6 said:
no sh*t. and every example you used has nothing to do with a lawsuit over lost resale value.
how hard is this to understand? we're talking about people who may own a car that has no recall or safety issues. but because the overall image of toyota is going downhill, their car is being devalued. and they're suing over it. they are not suing due to a crash, personal injury, or car malfunction on their vehicle. very simple concept.

If you were paying attention you'd know that I already said that I know that those examples didn't have anything to do with value. They were merely examples.
But do you really think that their values weren't affected by it?
I wonder how easy it was to try and sell your diesel Olds after the issues they had with them... :roll:

You're right, it is a simple concept.
The fact of the matter is that Toyota knowingly misrepresented their vehicles.
This is grounds for a law suit. How hard is this to understand? Deal with it.

and to think 85cutlassbrougham wants to buy a yaris :lol:

Did you see their ads during the opening ceremonies of the olympics?

They had a recall fairly recently about the pick-ups frames rusting so badly in the back that the spare tires would fall out...
Is this the same thing, or a different one now?

It's a recall over the front driveshaft....it disintegrates...

I have the wrong model tho..it's the Tacoma....

I wonder how easy it was to try and sell your diesel Olds after the issues they had with them..
exactly! did people sue GM over lost value of the diesel or gas olds? no. (i'm assuming you mean "your olds..." in general as i never had one. i have a diesel VW)
The fact of the matter is that Toyota knowingly misrepresented their vehicles.
This is grounds for a law suit. How hard is this to understand? Deal with it.
one, that's not the lawsuit i'm discussing. misrepresentation would be fraud. toyota DID misrepresent their cars as safe, and properly designed/built. obviously that's not quite correct.
two, book value is based on PEOPLE's opinions of the car and what they will pay. it's arbitrary. toyota does not guarantee the value, ever. toyota does not set the value. all they do is quote a fact. this is why you can't sue for loss of value. this all i'm stating--lawsuit over loss of value. why you keep trying to change this, or twist it aside, i don't know. either stick with a discussion over a lost-value lawsuit or shut up already! (rather, drop it and we'll continue bashing toyota for valid reasons)

Hey Whitey, you do know that the war ended like 65 years ago, right??People that want to buy American products, will buy American products. Others will buy German made stuff, things made in Mexico, China, and wherever else they make things and import them in the U.S. There is NO WAY that everything you own is made in the U.S.A. If our government was a little stricter with its import/export laws, things would be different. :blam: ......mickey-d 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor