Oh how the mighty are falling...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 3 family members in the health system right now so I think I have a good idea what is going on. As far as the union thing goes. I never had a boss that wanted to give me more money with out telling him that I was going, in a nice way. When the union wages go up non union wages go up. The boss never has enough profit that,s what I have found. I know that it is tough to own and run a company and that they should make the big dollars they have all the risk. Bernhard

Looks like Toyota is causing themselves more problems than just the recalls. They tried to deny the brake problems but now they are looking at recalling the prius which is really further damaging their credibility. I heard today that Toyota has been aware of the brake problem since the 2006 prius. I thought the Japanese were so honorable that they would have never mislead the public on critical issues like this.

They tried to deny the accelerater problems as well, then immediately pointed the finger at a supplier... :roll:
Blame your suppliers all you want, but the bottom line is that you're accountable!

Time to grab your ankles Toyota, and see what it feels like to be the worlds biggest manufacturer.

A couple more blows like this, and it should set the stage for an interesting turn of events.

I have zero sympathy for these chumps...

Raw material cost increases and sliding US sales dented Toyota earnings, as the Japanese automaker saw profits fall 39% in the fiscal first quarter compared to the same period a year earlier. The report also cites an analyst at Credit Suisse in Tokyo who says Toyota's numbers are actually far worse than they appeared on the surface because of accounting tricks that were boosting the numbers. So what's really going on at the number-one super-best automaker from the land of the rising sun?

the really sad thing about blaming the supplier (from what i'm hearing) is that the parts were made correctly, but were designed improperly. they are too weak and the present fix is to put in a support rod. the same supplier makes parts for many other companies without issue.
what's really great is that they've been losing money on the hybrids, i heard they were just starting to break even and then this came out. 😀 (can you tell i don't like the prius?)
as for the accounting tricks, what do you think GM and ford do? one of ford's cars is touted as a best seller by them--you know why? they practically give them away to hertz. they don't make money, but they get the claim and that boosts sales.

beermonkey9417 said:
i drove a car when i used to valet that the pedal got stuck and so i shifted it into nutral reached down and lifted the pedal. turnd out the pedl return spring snapped and i had to tell the customer who blamed me for it. so i told her if i didnt shif in to nutural and the car crashed in to other cars and i was hurt, i would have sued the car owner. she stfu real quick.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

This just keeps getting better and better... :rofl:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100211/us_nm/us_toyota_lawsuits

Added to a wave of personal injury lawsuits stemming from Toyota's massive recall, the automaker faces a growing number of consumer class-action cases -- more than 40 so far -- over the shrinking resale value of its cars.

Consumer lawsuits seeking economic damages for diminished value or lost use of a recalled Toyota vehicle have been filed in at least 30 states, mostly in federal court, and could end up costing the car maker over $2 billion, Tim Howard, lead counsel for a team of law firms handling about half the cases, estimated.

And now, new problems!

U.S. regulators say they are reviewing dozens of complaints of potential steering problems in new Toyota Corollas.

I don't think Toyota has even got the right fix for the acceleration problem. If a gas pedal sticks how does that cause the car to increase it's speed? I think it's in the software....

and I heard when Toyota was doing crash tests on vehicles if they got results that were not favorable they'd try more cars until the got the results they were looking for....

Consumer lawsuits seeking economic damages for diminished value or lost use of a recalled Toyota vehicle have been filed in at least 30 states, mostly in federal court, and could end up costing the car maker over $2 billion, Tim Howard, lead counsel for a team of law firms handling about half the cases, estimated.
god that's such a load of sh*t!!!! i hope they get their *ss thrown out of court. *ssh*les.
maybe i shouldn't blame them. they're obviously mental incompetents who are being lead around by the lawyers.
i can understand getting your money back if you had to rent a car while waiting for the fix but this is BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor