Oh how the mighty are falling...

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow, this thing is going on forever, kinda like james brown's funeral :rofl:

pontiacgcp: what does any of that have to do with my post?

pontiacgp said:
If a gas pedal sticks how does that cause the car to increase it's speed?

When the gas pedal sticks in the full throttle position.

megaladon6 said:
pontiacgcp: what does any of that have to do with my post?

Toyota's stumbling public image from both recall related issues, and the recent surfacing of their legal tampering involving crash test data, are the cause the plummeting car values, which is devastating to people who now owe more than their cars are worth (sound familiar?), as well as dealerships with lots full of used cars that are now worth thousands less than they were just a few weeks ago.

so? it's called sh*t happens! nothing in life is guaranteed. no where does toyota say that their cars WILL hold a specific relative or actual value.
lets say they win, what if the values come back up? or they hold onto the car for 10yrs instead of three? do they give back the money? this, to me, is the same bullshit as people suing mcdonalds 'cause they got fat.
hey, this means that every GM owner can sue! they're retained value is low due to GM's issues. how come that doesn't happen?

GM has already been subject to dozens of class action lawsuits over the decades just like Toyota is facing now.
Like in '77 when they started putting Chevy engines in Oldsmobiles when they ran out of Olds motors.
They got hit with a class action law suit.
Or a couple years later when the cams on 305's were going flat.
Or when the Olds diesel 350's started failing at 25K-30K miles.

So has most every other auto maker, like when Ford had the whole exploding Firestone tire ordeal. Or the exploding Pinto's for that matter.

It's nice that you're understanding enough to say "sh*t happens" when it comes to the failure of a new car, but most other people aren't. It's the nature of the beast.

It's just funny because Toyota is facing an complete public relations sh*t-storm all at once.

and those were all suits over actual issues. i'm talking about suing over LOSS OF VALUE!!!!! please go back a few posts and pay attention!

I was paying plenty of attention, were you? :roll:
Those other suits were brought up as examples that automakers get sued all the time.

I never said anything about whether the suits against Toyota will hold any water... I don't give a sh*t one way or the other.
And I agree that they're bullshit lawsuits, but the fact of the matter is, that this day in age, it shouldn't be any sort of suprise to see lawsuits like these. Every lazy ******* out there is always looking for an easy buck, that's just a fact of life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor