Oil in the Radiator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Nobody's suggested the possibility of it having been filled with that stop leak sh*t at some point. I bought my 1500 back in 2009 and still get crumbs sticking to the radiator cap at times and it's been flushed a few times. OP did you ever get a pic of this mystery substance?

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
Seems to me that short of a crack in the block or head somewhere, or the afore mentioned oil cooler,the only other way that oil and water can combine is through a bad head gasket.
One of the earlier replies suggested a pressure check of the coolant system. Another mentioned that you would see a drop in your oil pressure. Are you adding oil or coolant very often, or more often than usual? Has your engine been overheated lately?

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
If it a head, head gasket, or block issue, then you'll find it if you run it 1000 or 2000 miles. Or you'll have no operational, cooling r oil pressure, issues and then you can assume the previous owner caused this.

'I don't know what that noise is - floor it and we'll find out - it's either something or nothin :)' Sometimes this is sound advice - RUN IT!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor