Olds 307 Knock

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Last I remember was the night I got pulled over for "Drag Racing" another Cutlass (which was proven false) I left it in 1st a little longer than usual.

you have to expect damage when you play with a car and it's not built for what you are doing

YaoGuaiCutlass

Apprentice
Aug 6, 2013
Council Bluffs, Iowa
Fox80 said:
The fact that you can turn the crank easy is not a bad thing, a worn motor will spin free.

Not turn, but push back and forth easily.

jetsetw31 said:
All these suggestions are solid. But here goes a simple trick to determine WHERE your trouble is. Your gonna try the poor mans Stethoscope. Find a long screwdriver, or you can use the tire iron. (lug nut tool in the trunk.)

Already tried that with a stethoscope. It sounds like it's on the passenger side but I'm not sure. Also you hear a noise when it starts it just gets louder when warmer. All the fluids are good and were good when I got home that night and the next morning.

pontiacgp said:
you have to expect damage when you play with a car and it's not built for what you are doing

That's the thing, I wasn't doing anything. They tried to get me for loud pipes on a bridge. Everything was dropped because of a video camera on the bridge proving that I wasn't drag racing or speeding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor