Olds 350 to Chevy 350 Swap

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
I used to pick them up from pep boys... But your right I forgot to mention balancer diameter.

zipties

Apprentice
Feb 2, 2022
I used to pick them up from pep boys... But your right I forgot to mention balancer diameter.
i have a few timing tabs around but i might just order that because it's blue lol. If I have any difficulty getting it dialed in as it sits I'll pick it up.

1000005791.jpg

got pretty much everything bolted up. had to spring for a new alternator since the one i had wasn't charging. just been using parts bin stuff as much as possible. I'll probably paint the brackets soon.

1000005792.jpg

I'll get a whole new PS pump, box etc. soon as the existing crap already leaks and is just old. i spliced the existing hoses together best I could; so annoying when the parts store only has one fitting when you need 2. It isn't pretty but they're on there; the return line should actually be OK with the headshrink over the fitting. I couldn't get it over the L so i'll just wait until they get another straight plug.

1000005793.jpg

the cooling system is all new and shiny for the most part. Using a spare radiator and a supplemental trans cooler i had laying around.

1000005795.jpg

I cleaned and cut the existing hard line for the cooler lines and added fittings to the rad and trans for hoses; i like doing this because it makes it much simpler to attach the fittings (you can just put a socker over the line instead of screwing with a line wrench in the cramped transmission space) and makes future disassembly/reassembly quicker.

1000005794.jpg

pic of the trans end fittings and a glimpse of the modified dipstick tube. I used two existing tubes and connected them using a piece of flared hard rubber tube. everything's sealed and passed a pour test so hopefully the boot seal doesn't actually leak during operation.

some more paint and prep, attaching the core support and fan assembly, should be ready for a road test soon.

zipties

Apprentice
Feb 2, 2022
getting creative while waiting on parts.

1000005843.jpg

not painting the PS because it's getting replaced in the near future.

have the radiator, trans cooler, lines etc. All mocked up, bumper and core support are back on, waiting on a new mechanical fan.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor