Olds Cutlass Supreme 1978 from Chile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Humm.. but TH200r4 is a weak transmission.....
The Th200c is, but the TH200r4 is not. The Th200r4 has 4 gears like the TH700r4 but has better gear ratios and has the BOP bolt pattern. Just make sure you get one from a working driving car, or get one that has good fluid.

Ok, I understand, In Chile maybe is too dificult find one....
You could have gotten the good ones in Grand Nationals, Monte Carlo SS, and cutlass 442. That's not saying the normal one's are bad, just those three are more for performance driving. These came in a lot of the 80s 4 door cars with V8s. Look around any junkyards or salvage yards near you. Most, if not all of the 4 door cars were column shifted so look for the P R N (D) D 2 1 on the gauge cluster.

You could have gotten the good ones in Grand Nationals, Monte Carlo SS, and cutlass 442. That's not saying the normal one's are bad, just those three are more for performance driving. These came in a lot of the 80s 4 door cars with V8s. Look around any junkyards or salvage yards near you. Most, if not all of the 4 door cars were column shifted so look for the P R N (D) D 2 1 on the gauge cluster.

Here in Chile in this years only arrive Chevrolet , ( a lot), oldsmobile, ford... 442 and montecarlo very rare....

About the engine swap, between the 260 and 350 rocket I can put for example, alternator , popwer pump and air conditioning compressor support from 260 to 350?

Thanks in advance,

Waldo.
Yes, you should be able too. With very little modification.

Reactions: wnagel
Yes either a different cross member or route all the exhaust under the passenger side, that is how mine is. Use the water pump and pulleys off your 260, keep track of where all the spacers go. Everything will bolt right up. Keep the bracket for the TV cable and bracket, reset if you use the 200 trans. Most of our Oldsmobile cars in 80's were Chevy powered as well in Canada The 442, 88 Cutlass and B and D bodies till 85 were mostly Olds V8 powered in Canada. The Chevy Caprice till 1990, Buick Lesabre to 1985, Delta 88 and 98 to 1985 and the Custom Cruiser to 1990 could all have the 307 and 2004R trans up here. Your 200 trans might last a little while if you don't push it to hard, then you can decide on which way you want to go.

Yes either a different cross member or route all the exhaust under the passenger side, that is how mine is. Use the water pump and pulleys off your 260, keep track of where all the spacers go. Everything will bolt right up. Keep the bracket for the TV cable and bracket, reset if you use the 200 trans. Most of our Oldsmobile cars in 80's were Chevy powered as well in Canada The 442, 88 Cutlass and B and D bodies till 85 were mostly Olds V8 powered in Canada. The Chevy Caprice till 1990, Buick Lesabre to 1985, Delta 88 and 98 to 1985 and the Custom Cruiser to 1990 could all have the 307 and 2004R trans up here. Your 200 trans might last a little while if you don't push it to hard, then you can decide on which way you want to go.

Humm. I need to tie a rock in my feet and depress the ACL with the correct exhaust sound and a carbureter engine....Rochester Quadrajet....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor