Olds Cutlass Supreme 1978 from Chile

Status
Not open for further replies.

wnagel

Greasemonkey
Jan 26, 2013
Santiago Of Chile.
Too bad it doesn't have the Quadrajet but it will still be an improvement. That is the good, solid main casting block. Does it have a stock camshaft or is it aftermarket? I cannot see the video. The 375 trans had an A and B model. One was a heavy duty TH350 and the other was a light duty TH400, either will be fine with a mild 350. The 400 version will require your drive shaft to be shortened. Your stock TH200(C) is just plain weak, good idea to dump it.
This engine need a 600 CFM or 750 CFM 4 barrel carburetor?

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
This engine need a 600 CFM or 750 CFM 4 barrel carburetor?
It depends on the camshaft and what the motors compression is. Do you know what number cylinder heads are on that motor? There is a number in front of the #1 cylinder and behind the #8 cylinder. That number will tell you what year the heads and possibly the whole motor is. I would suggest a 625 cfm Street Demon for a stock 350 or the 750 cfm version for a high performance motor. I would get the version with the Aerospace polymer body option. Same goes for an intake, Edelbrock Performer intake for near stock, Performer RPM if it has a bigger cam and higher compression.

wnagel

Greasemonkey
Jan 26, 2013
Santiago Of Chile.
Today I take the compression the procedure has :

1: remove ignition wire from coil.
2: remove all spark
3: put the tool and start the engine with WOT

The low read has 126 psi
The high read has 132 psi.

Its ok?

Thanks

Waldo

• Winner
Reactions: 1 user

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Those are good readings. Healthy engine.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Today I take the compression the procedure has :

1: remove ignition wire from coil.
2: remove all spark
3: put the tool and start the engine with WOT

The low read has 126 psi
The high read has 132 psi.

Its ok?

Thanks

Waldo
Those numbers are OK as said. Assuming a stock or near stock cam, the 625 cfm Street Demon carb should be near ideal for that motor, along with a Performer manifold.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan

wnagel

Greasemonkey
Jan 26, 2013
Santiago Of Chile.
I have other question , maybe someone can help me....

I buy a thm 375 ( thm 400 light duty ), I need to split the drive shaft , someone know what is the correct lenght for this transmission and If I need to replace drive shaft split yoke?

Thanks

Waldo

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor