Olds Lives Matter! Fun starts on page 13 (was: Am I Selling Out… or Buying In?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I went to a local cruise in tonight there was a Red-Eye with a Hurst option package serial number two there that the guy said it was over 120 grand. :cool: I asked him where he lived but he didn't say.

That is just obscene money. Did it look like this:
Herst-Heritage-by-GSS-50th-Anniversary-Challenger.jpg

Or what it white and gold?

michmalibuman

Royal Smart Person
Jun 14, 2017
It was Red with white interior but the stripes were the same. I'll get a picture of it the next time I see it.

Reactions: 1 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Totally random, but the mention of Hurst vehicles made me think of this one, I know the Camaro isn't everyone's cup of tea, I still love the paint scheme this one has as a throwback of a throwback...

hurst_RPO_L78_camaro_lf.jpg

Back to your regularly scheduled program.

shawn1112

Greasemonkey
Apr 3, 2017
Congrats man on an awesome purchase. I had a 16 Charger HC in B5 Blue.
Pulley, injectors and a CAI and your at 800whp on pump gas. If you plan on driving it the way it was meant to be driven. Then get an aluminum 1pc driveshaft and a differential brace.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I'm almost a week late to this, and I'll can say is ....................'f'ing yikes' 1k/month for 12 years??????

Then come my personal motto's - 'to each his own', 'what comes around, goes around', 'and 'you only live once'.

Nice car, your money, do with it what you want. And I'm well aware that my opinion is crap :):):)

I'm sure you'll love it if it's what you truly wanted and it makes the family happy, then be happy.

But I do take offense to the age comment of 41 going on 50. W.T.F. - I'm 52 until I hop in the Cutty - it's almost like a time machine for me lol. I feel like a kid in it and I forget when I'm around kids, 20 somethings, that I'm really gettin' to be an ole fart (in their eyes).

Congrats and enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s. - no real hotrod has A/C :love:

Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I'm almost a week late to this, and I'll can say is ....................'f'ing yikes' 1k/month for 12 years??????

No person in their right mind is locking into that kind of term at that payment. No man, I am not going to be anywhere near that.

Then come my personal motto's - 'to each his own', 'what comes around, goes around', 'and 'you only live once'.

Nice car, your money, do with it what you want. And I'm well aware that my opinion is crap :):):)

I'm sure you'll love it if it's what you truly wanted and it makes the family happy, then be happy.

Thanks.

But I do take offense to the age comment of 41 going on 50. W.T.F. - I'm 52 until I hop in the Cutty - it's almost like a time machine for me lol. I feel like a kid in it and I forget when I'm around kids, 20 somethings, that I'm really gettin' to be an ole fart (in their eyes).

You misundertood me. I am not saying 40 is old, I am saying that time is fleeting and I want to make the most of my remaining good years - and I see this car as an opportunity to capture this time period.

Reactions: 2 users

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
:rant: The only thing that should have Hurst on it is . . . an Oldsmobile! Dang darn it!

Should have brought back a 50th anniversary H/O . . . :cry:

$695 option (y)

• Haha
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Totally random, but the mention of Hurst vehicles made me think of this one, I know the Camaro isn't everyone's cup of tea, I still love the paint scheme this one has as a throwback of a throwback...

hurst_RPO_L78_camaro_lf.jpg

Back to your regularly scheduled program.
The chebby guys says GM is GM till you put an Olds V8 in a chebby, then they freak out. Kind of a slap in the face to us Olds fans. Just like no Firebird to go with the Camaro. The Firebird was always the nicer and till the 80's with the exception of the 89 TTA, the faster car.
:rant: The only thing that should have Hurst on it is . . . an Oldsmobile! Dang darn it!

Should have brought back a 50th anniversary H/O . . . :cry:

$695 option (y)
Agree 100%. Unfortunately like the Firebird. GM's tantrum throwing chebby must have been thrilled when Olds and especially Pontiac died off. Killed off two of my favorite brands. Will Buick ever have the balls to do a GSX or a GNX again? Probably not and GM's styling is lead by the blind, so I am not sure it is even a good idea. I am sure it would be FWD and 4 cyl boosted anyways. Maybe they would do it as a CUV. Think the new Blazer🤮

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor