Olds ticket to 9s... LS swap adventure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks like washer fluid.

Its some fancy coolant, fleetguard ELC non-toxic. So people I worked with didn't die if they thought it was koolaid.

Soft plug or from the head gasket?
I don't know, we aren't talking today after I discovered it pee'd on the floor. I have my doubts its head gasket or rear head freeze plug... Because that would be easy.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Love for an LS and you’re not talking. Hmmmm………………………

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Kidding aside, It's probably something silly like a deareation fitting that you forgot to tighten.

Reactions: 1 users
Love for an LS and you’re not talking. Hmmmm………………………
Never wrench frustrated... My motto.
Kidding aside, It's probably something silly like a deareation fitting that you forgot to tighten.
No, I don't think so anymore. Upon further investigation its not back of the heads or steam vents. I will have to drop the trans to look I think, but I am going to finish the under hood wiring and harness before I attack that.

• Sad
  • Wow
Whatever it is and no matter how disappointing it may seem, it’s a good deal to find it now.

is your system closed enough to put a pressure tester on it? I’m sure you know why I’m asking.

I feel your pain Duke. 10 hours after filling my 4L85E the first time...
20190522_190728-2016x1134.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Whatever it is and no matter how disappointing it may seem, it’s a good deal to find it now.

is your system closed enough to put a pressure tester on it? I’m sure you know why I’m asking.
Yup, I agree. It's also a good opportunity to go through some final stuff on the trans install before I fill and finish the cooler line routings. I've accepted that it's probably not going to be driven this summer so time to be patient and double check important stuff so I don't miss anything.
I feel your pain Duke. 10 hours after filling my 4L85E the first time...
View attachment 182366
Haha, I had the oil pressure sensor on my motor do that.

It sucks but oh well, in the big picture a coolant leak now is minor compared to watering down the tires on the second or third pass and putting it on the lid.

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users
  • Haha
  • Informative
  • Wow
Reactions: 6 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor