Olds ticket to 9s... LS swap adventure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't about pointing fingers and placing blame, its about fixing the problem.....

Meme Reaction GIF

Torque to yield, add a half turn, and back it up a quarter, and send it.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Torque to yield, add a half turn, and back it up a quarter, and send it

Head studs, go 80lbs moving up in 30lb increments and send it!

In seriousness, I will pull the head and have a look. If I find the head bolts are tight, maybe add some copper spray. Maybe a new gasket. I feel like it will be an obvious issue and I will know what to do.

Reactions: 2 users
Head studs, go 80lbs moving up in 30lb increments and send it!

In seriousness, I will pull the head and have a look. If I find the head bolts are tight, maybe add some copper spray. Maybe a new gasket. I feel like it will be an obvious issue and I will know what to do.

Like installing a head gasket next time.

• Haha
You mean, Like a new head gasket?

Kinda feisty tonight, must be the concussion. Lol

View attachment 182433

Or the effects of the longevity treatments:

I Bring You Love Season 8 GIF by The Simpsons

And now that I'm back to normal, I don't bring you peace and love. I bring you fear, famine, pestilence and--

[Dr. Nick] time for a booster!

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Maybe youze turbo guys need the fancy head studs?

Or the effects of the longevity treatments:

I Bring You Love Season 8 GIF by The Simpsons

And now that I'm back to normal, I don't bring you peace and love. I bring you fear, famine, pestilence and--

[Dr. Nick] time for a booster!

Maybe youze turbo guys need the fancy head studs?
Its funny you suggest that.... I HAVE THEM. hahaha

Pee Wee Herman Wow GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
And the culprit is, Drivers side head gasket....

Plus more wiring...

To be continued.
Excited Dance GIF

At least I don't need to drop the trans!
Head gaskets are easy. Hope nothing happened to the head.

funny unrelated story that kid is the nephew to a girl I dated in middle school.

Reactions: 2 users
Update day...

Been a busy week with family up from NYC. But that BS is over and I have nothing else to do but finish this ungrateful b@$t@&d...

With that said, wires are pinned out for the in cab stuff, almost finished the mounting for the ECU, and ready to pin out the under hood harness I think.

Tore the leaky head off, got more coolant everywhere and yes, the studs were all tight....

I don't see anything on the block, head surface or gasket to say a definate cause. So order one tomorrow and carry on with things.

20210826_211321.jpg 20210826_212632.jpg 20210826_212646.jpg

I can finish the fuse relay panel and factory wiring and get the dash back in place.

Reactions: 6 users
Got kinda lucky, the General had 4 LS9 gaskets in stock at the dealer! AND A SET OF LS9 LIFTERS!!! 🤯

20210827_114849.jpg

I only needed a head gasket. So I only got a head gasket....

In case anyone was wondering what pushrods I have. 5/16" 0.080" wall chromoly 7.40" length.
20210827_130422.jpg

Followed the torque spec again. Finalled at 75 ft/lbs. 70ft/lbs is recommended. But I'm a rebel.
20210827_132213.jpg

Head back together, swapped the thermostat out for the stock 185F unit to stop that leak.

20210827_140739.jpg

Its all back together, I am off for my second Pfiser shot and if I am mobile tomorrow the wiring under hood will get finished...

Reactions: 11 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor