Olds ticket to 9s... LS swap adventure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
I take it you made lines for that proportioning valve? P/N 260-11179 it looks like. I feel as if i should make some notes... you know to avoid land mines in my future.
Haha. Yes. You are 3/8-24 at every corner. Set up for -3 brake line adapters to braided stainless lines.

Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
They look like forged from cast. I'll post some more pics. They aren't forged billet, I'm guessing that's the price difference is. But they are damn nice.

Cast might be the way to go... skip to the last minute to see why:

WTF, Weld?

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana

WTF, Weld?
Brother I don't know. I'm going to guess that HE messed them up originally as he said they were hitting his calipers. Think he torqued them down first and damaged them?????

Reactions: 1 user

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017

WTF, Weld?
That's odd, but defects do happen. I watched the other videos he made about the rims and saw that Weld was top notch in his opinion on correcting the problem, so that's pretty awesome. But who doesn't test fit rims, i mean really!??! Lol

Hellcat demon guys must be like BMW guys, just not that good at car stuff.

• Agree
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
That's odd, but defects do happen. I watched the other videos he made about the rims and saw that Weld was top notch in his opinion on correcting the problem, so that's pretty awesome. But who doesn't test fit rims, i mean really!??! Lol

I am not slagging Weld, but damn that happened real sudden. Imagine if it had happened at speed? Yikes! I found it incredibly amusing how his 8 week lead time for the first pair of wheels turned into 8 minutes and over-nighted for the replacements.

Hellcat demon guys must be like BMW guys, just not that good at car stuff.

Very accurate assessment. I mean... just look at the stuff I have built over the years. :p

I do commend Kelley for his work effort, dude makes mistakes and goes full disclosure about it. Watch his video on cleaning the air filter...
im an idiot GIF

• Agree

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
I am not slagging Weld, but damn that happened real sudden. Imagine if it had happened at speed? Yikes! I found it incredibly amusing how his 8 week lead time for the first pair of wheels turned into 8 minutes and over-nighted for the replacements.

Very accurate assessment. I mean... just look at the stuff I have built over the years. :p

I do commend Kelley for his work effort, dude makes mistakes and goes full disclosure about it. Watch his video on cleaning the air filter...
im an idiot GIF
You should not have a hellcat. You are clearly over qualified since you can clean an air filter AND your GTO doesn't have hideous 5 spoke 22" chrome rims.🤮

• Haha

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Got the Weld 15x8 rims in today. They are absolutely a no go, the vision 521's would be easier to make fit. Returing to Summit for exchange to 17x8".

Family Time Reaction GIF by Lifetime

17x11, or else I'm never going to let you live it down.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
17x11, or else I'm never going to let you live it down.
You're right, and I hate you for being right.

But my options are:
17x8" 4.0" BS
17x9" 6.8" BS

So it's a punch in the dick or something that will fit... and my dick is getting sore from all the other punches.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 6 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
You're right, and I hate you for being right.

But my options are:
17x8" 4.0" BS
17x9" 6.8" BS

So it's a punch in the dick or something that will fit... and my dick is getting sore from all the other punches.

It's your dick.

[clenches fist]

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor