Upstate NY
So glad to see it running.

Congrats man!

Reactions: 3 users

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
Got the airfilter on as per motorheadmike.
20220425_171314.jpg 20220425_171303.jpg

Also got the trans stuff wired in and functioning properly. Idle is tuned to a perfect 14.0:1 afr and she is ready to move to the back garage.

Oil pressure sensor on top of the motor seems to be way off. So I'm gonna replace it and then we should be off to the races.

Unnecessary idle clip....

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
F’ the idle until it’s driving. As long as it starts all’s good. Oh wait a minute, you have love for this thing, I can tell by the sexy hat on the Wuhan War Whistle.

It’s much easier to treat it like a wife beater. ;)

Way to go Duke! You better break that thing in proper.

Reactions: 2 users

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
F’ the idle until8 it’s driving. As long as it starts all’s good. Oh wait a minute, you have love for this thing, I can tell by the sexy hat on the Wuhan War Whistle.

It’s much easier to treat it like a wife beater. ;)

Way to go Duke! You better break that thing in proper.
Lol, I was doing taxes and my corporate year end today so my break was doing the idle tuning. Once it's moved and I have a seat, It'll be horsepower time.

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Congrats! That's a huge accomplishment. Many think well, it's just an engine swap. Nope. Much more than that.

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Once it's moved and I have a seat, It'll be horsepower time.
Take your time, and hurry up. Meaning take your time street tuning and getting everything straight. Getting miles on it and working out all of the little crap makes the power tuning easier - at least it does for me. I’ve found it’s easier to make 5lb, then 8lb, 12lb, 15lb street hits for 2-3 seconds to make sure everything is right. After that I’ll guess you’ll be out of traction and the data gathered while spinning is a not worth looking at.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Three Hills challenge this year, after missing the last 2 due to the ‘Rona??

Reactions: 1 users

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Congrats! That's a huge accomplishment. Many think well, it's just an engine swap. Nope. Much more than that.
Ya, I foolishly decided to change EVERYTHING.... Lesson learned. lol
Take your time, and hurry up. Meaning take your time street tuning and getting everything straight. Getting miles on it and working out all of the little crap makes the power tuning easier - at least it does for me. I’ve found it’s easier to make 5lb, then 8lb, 12lb, 15lb street hits for 2-3 seconds to make sure everything is right. After that I’ll guess you’ll be out of traction and the data gathered while spinning is a not worth looking at.
The sloppy mantra, an hour a day. Now that the core systems are mostly OK, I am excited again to get it togetherfor cruising.
Three Hills challenge this year, after missing the last 2 due to the ‘Rona??
When is it?

a summer cruise in this sweat shack is going to be fun. I will probably lose my license. HAHAHA

Nervous Ted Striker GIF by filmeditor

Reactions: 3 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
When is it?

Always in the first week of June. It’s on the 4th and 5th this year.

You know they have racing there too right?

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor