Operation Lipstick on a Pig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Overall, once the new 3.42 gears are in, hopefully it gets the mileage, is decently fun to drive and keeps up easily with traffic. You are so close you can taste it.

• Optimistic
  • Agree
Reactions: 3 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I got the big gun coming in tonight- my buddy Greg that gave me the shim. He's done a couple hundred, and is going to bail me out. I'm trying to take off work tomorrow to hopefully finish it up.

Reactions: 1 user

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Buddy Greg saved my Arse! Only added 008 to each side, and it's good to go
20180327_174828.jpg 20180327_190452.jpg
New Yukon spiders came in, too...

• Winner

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
Time for a burnout video. We wanna see this pig squeal!

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
Garth, this thing has been going on for a year and is almost 60 pages. I have no idea how you missed it.

How does that go?

. . . I'm normally just senile but I have moments of lucidity where I'm completely nuts?

But, when you realize I tried to mail you [and a couple others] a freakin book for 4 months now until you got tired of waiting and lost interest when I did manage to get one through customs in less than a week for Steve pontiacgp up in Canada, it does kinda come with my "too many irons in my too tiny health challenged fire" territory. Have the same problem over on the Tacoma forum . . .

I do feel better on one count. My build thread is nearly two years in and only at 37 pages.
And I still owe you guys tire smoke in my 67 . . . :doh:

New wheels/tires look pretty good on the ole girl though . . . waiting on decent weather to get her out for a drive and photo shoot.

Reactions: 3 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Took a Wrench Day from work, went and got my weave split, and finished up the big wheel cylinders and picked up some new axle seals for good measure. Whoever said there's not much room for error on those braces is 100% correct! I tried tapping the holes to no avail, and ended up putting some M8 1.25 flange fasteners through. Time to bend up some brake lines. That NiCop crap might flare easy, but man, does it twist up when you take the flare nuts out!
20180328_131221.jpg 20180328_131231.jpg

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
How does that go?

. . . I'm normally just senile but I have moments of lucidity where I'm completely nuts?

But, when you realize I tried to mail you [and a couple others] a freakin book for 4 months now until you got tired of waiting and lost interest when I did manage to get one through customs in less than a week for Steve pontiacgp up in Canada, it does kinda come with my "too many irons in my too tiny health challenged fire" territory. Have the same problem over on the Tacoma forum . . .

I do feel better on one count. My build thread is nearly two years in and only at 37 pages.
And I still owe you guys tire smoke in my 67 . . . :doh:

New wheels/tires look pretty good on the ole girl though . . . waiting on decent weather to get her out for a drive and photo shoot.

and like I said I'm saving the book to read on the first camping weekend of this summer.....I'm looking forward to it...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor