Which air gap?

• Professional Products intake

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Edelbrock intake

Votes: 12 70.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know Jbreau. For most of this thread, it was pretty much tied between the two. I think the biggest variable in this thread is the fact of "where it was made" rather than the intake itself.

Don't worry about it oldtinsmith. We all have our rants now and again, but I really wanted this discussion to be more focused on the specs and comparing visually the procomp to the edelbrock. But I had a feeling the second I started this thread, the whole "where it was made" would be the biggest issue raised by most.

Don't apologise oldtinsmith. If we all bought American stuff, we wouldn't be in the fix we are in. I have tossed away so much imported junk it's laughable. Pat- save your coins and get the good stuff, you will be glad you did. Especially if you want to sell it later on.

Pat,
I hope this helps some.
Eddy performer air gap----port size: 1.14"X 1.88", RPM: idle to 5500, base height: 1/4" taller than a standard performer

Eddy RPM air gap----port size: 1.14"x 1.95", RPM: 1500 to 6500, base height: 3/4" taller than a standard performer

Doug

Let me correct myself yet again. I double check the part number on the eBay post listed and its not procomp. Its Professional Products version of the air gap. :oops: :oops:

If you've ever looked inside an out of the box Edelbrock intake, you'll notice it's also the rough finish like a factory intake. The Procomp looks to be the same way. Really I'd be worried about carb and head mating surfaces to see if they are straight.

But personally in my opinion of course, I think the Air Gap RPM manifold is a hoax. I can totally see it being an advantage on a dyno, but on the street I'm just not buying it really. It's kind of like a TB spacer on a fuel injected car. It sounds good sure in theory.

If someone could show me legit 1/4 times with consistant ambient temperatures, track temperatures, humidity, and same track location with improvements over the Performer RPM, then I'd be convinced. A dyno will just make you think it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor