Which air gap?

• Professional Products intake

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Edelbrock intake

Votes: 12 70.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright fine, if I do get edelbrock's satin finish, is it possible to sand and polish it???

Is it a show car or a street car, that's what you want to ask yourself bro...Chrome don't get ya home. Only saying 8)

It seems to be a toss up on the e-bay intakes. Some have no issues while others swear they'll never use them again. I've heard of issues with the gasket rails not being true and causing intake gasket failures.
Then you have to wonder if the shittier casting is gonna cost you any power with a possibility of reduced flow or turbulence.
That said if I ever get around to building a my cheap *ss 400 with vortecs, I may still go that route. But for what you're doing, I would try my hardest to go with the Edelbrock.

with the vortec heads the 8 bolts on the intake are only torqued 11 lbs so I went with an Edelbrock. I was worried about any warp or inconsistencies on the gasket face along the center of the intake would cause me grief for sure.

pontiacgp said:
with the vortec heads the 8 bolts on the intake are only torqued 11 lbs so I went with an Edelbrock. I was worried about any warp or inconsistencies on the gasket face along the center of the intake would cause me grief for sure.
There is/was a guy close to me that had an off brand vortec intake for a good price, that's why its a possibility for my next motor. But only a possibility.

if it's already been on an engine and no problem then why not and plus vortec intakes for carbs are hard to come by used

Some people love the professional products, some people hate them.

I have heard alot of problems with alignment issues with them.

I do love the saddle washer setup they now offer.

But hey if your rich, pick it up and give it a shot.

if it don't fit correctly or line up you can always toss it and buy the Edelbrock.

Or you can just buy the Edelbrock and save yourself the headache!!!

My malibu has always been street and show just because how common shows are down here, and i get a lot of comments on it for being unique.

The parts I choose, while they look good, are meant for functionality. I can't stand having or seeing a car with parts on it that serve no function.

I was looking at the Professional Products "Crosswind" which is their version of the air gap. What I don't understand is the difference between the air gap and performer rpm. The powerbands for both intakes is 1500-6500 rpm. So what are the differences or pros and cons?

The other thing I want to point out is that the posting for the offbrand intake has a helluva lot more information concerning the casting, specs, etc. then what is listed for the edelbrock air gap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor