Which air gap?

• Professional Products intake

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Edelbrock intake

Votes: 12 70.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The difference with the Performer RPM and the Performer RPM Air Gap are...

Air gap is taller, Nitrous bosses, rear water outlets, two distributor clamp locations.
Also due to the seperated runners they aviod the heat of the engine giving you a cooler air intake flow which means more power.

Normal Performer RPM has more hood clearance, and is 20+ year old technolgy.

What is the point of the rear water ports?

Some people will run off the thermostat housing to water lines to the rear of the intake to aid in coolingand to keep air out of the system.

Like everything else 6 people will say it works and a half a dozen will say it don't.

manifold.jpg

Pat,
IMO, the Eddy was designed, engineered, cast, machined, quality control inspected, packaged and shipped,in a plant that meets all the OSHA and quality standards required here in the UNITED STATES of AMERICA!! (my son served in Iraq, Senior Chief Petty Officer, special ops civil affairs brigade, imbedded with the Iraqi army, and came home with three metals: the Iraq theater metal, the Army Achievement metal, and a Bronze star!!) I buy USA when ever and where ever possible.
Also IMO, off shore pirates US made parts because all the design and engineering was already done, they can use less quality in manufacturing, cheap (almost slave) labor, and flooding the market with their crap.

Finally, IMO, Our Veterans fought for our country so some people could send their money to an offshore company that supports an offshore country! I chose not to do that, but thats me!

People have every right to do as they see fit. I guess this is a long rant just to say I'd buy the Eddy.

Doud

Is Procomp not an American company? The reason I ask is because the Procomp or Professional products version of the air gap is within my budget, while edelbrock's brand at $220 is tearing my arm off. I could pay that, but it would leave me with nothing almost.

procomp is chinese....aka projunk

try to find the procomp company online and don't mix it up with pro comp

pontiacgp said:
procomp is chinese....aka projunk

try to find the procomp company online and don't mix it up with pro comp
My friend i think you are refering to pro cpmp electronics they have nothing to with the Professional Products name,

1977_c38.jpg
My Pro Products manifold was on a mild built 355 with 882 head had no fitment issues what so ever ran it that way for over a year till my Chebbie was smashed in a Barn collapse

I ran and loved the pro Products air gap design

Pat,
It's winter time so your not gonna be touring your car anytime soon friend....Take it from me, Winter time is a time to save up, stockpile parts and then in the spring you'll have lots of parts...If the $$$ is the main issue then don't rush to get the intake now, just save up for it....You can try and convince yourself on the "Cheap" intake your thinking about buying....But look at your Post...You wanted opinoins on the Air Gap and now you have them. If you want an Air Gap , buy ans Air Gap......Only saying 8)
Joe

Pat,
I want to apologize to you for my being in a snit and ranting in your thread. It was uncalled for and I'm sorry.
I want to also apologize to my fellow GBF members for the rant too.

Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor