optioned out but not a SS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

79 USA 1

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2011
Cheektowaga, New York
I think I read that they started some out as an SS and sold them as an LS

I hope he checked his VIN on the title to see that it matched the car.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

loudnwaite

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 25, 2017
I hope he checked his VIN on the title to see that it matched the car.
lmao i forgot to check that part, that would be pretty crappy. i trust the guy i bought it from so im not that worried, besides i bought it for so cheap that i could part it out and easially make my money back to buy another

loudnwaite

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 25, 2017
Basically i have 4 options for this car with only 1 goal... all i want is to roast those tires anywhere anytime and be a little unique,
option number 1 was a buddy who had a bare block 502 for $800. i had to build the whole thing AND the trans to handle a big block
option number 2 was a 2jz gte inline 6 twin turbo motor outta a rear ended 1997 toyota supra with 77k on it motor alone was $1900
option number 3 a local scrapyard was advertising a 1997 dodge viper motor which may or may have not ran but it was 10 cylinders for $2000
and the last was a fuel injected lm7 5.3 vortec motor with everything still attached with a harness for $200.. motor had 144,*** miles on it and i got to hear it run.
I bought the 5.3 as a backup plan however as prices start to add up just to prep the car for any motor, im just leaning towards the vortec. Im planning on camming it, an intake manifold to clean things up and *maybe* 243 heads. Ill drive it for a year and when next tax season comes around ill throw on a cheapo twin turbo kit or retrofit a supercharger off a ctsv or zl1 motor.
Transmission wise, theres a reason i didnt go with any 4l60's or electronic baloney. to rebuild the 200r4 to handle 500+ rwhp on street tires would be around $650-700. I hate automatics. however to use a different transmission would require a new crossmember, new driveshaft and more electronics. which would easially be $1000+ just to setup another trans let alone the actual trans. So i figured ill build the 200r4, throw some kilduff lightning rods on it and call it a day untill i can afford a muncie m22 or t56.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor