Our 79 Monte Carlo- Pro Touring Project

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
Hey, how did the splitter work out for you? Did you add a lip? Still using it? Wanting to go to fab soon on my 3" drop lip with splitter below.

I was concerned your splitter just hanging down there with the gap might create some problems with side winds and traffic?

UMI Sales

G-Body Guru
GBodyForum Sponsor
Oct 11, 2011
Philipsburg, Pa
We had the Green car up to 130 at Pitt Race but not in much traffic. The attitude of the car is much better at speed. We ran a 1:04.3 which is around 2 sec faster than our prior testing there but the 427 was also in there instead of the 383.

All in all, the aero seems a-ok and a good addition to the car.

Reactions: 2 users

UMI Sales

G-Body Guru
GBodyForum Sponsor
Oct 11, 2011
Philipsburg, Pa
Another cool thing about the Green Machine is when little fans want to ride in it. She was too little to ride in the auto-x and had these big tears. Nothing a ride around the parking lot didn't fix.

64214498_10156552443993121_8736621198470807552_o.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 9 users

UMI Sales

G-Body Guru
GBodyForum Sponsor
Oct 11, 2011
Philipsburg, Pa
Ive been looking for info on the UMI race track in PA, what happened to that since being bought last year? Thats on my list of spots to road trip to

Thanks for the interest.

UMI Motorsports Park has two big events planned for 2019. The August event is $10000 to win. Unheard of for an autocross. 100 of the best drivers in the country will participate.

https://www.umimotorsportspark.com/#schedule

Reactions: 1 user

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Did they change up the powertrain again? The last article that I read in Car Craft, Three Pedals had done the manual transmission conversion, with a 5 speed that was behind a small block. I read the first article on this car in Car Craft several years ago. It was purchased in Ohio, and driven to California as a father/son project, I believe. Right now, Its looking alot like a typical magazine project car, where the father/son project, and the budget have been thrown out the window. Curious to see what its like when its done.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor