Our 79 Monte Carlo- Pro Touring Project

UMI Sales

G-Body Guru
GBodyForum Sponsor
Oct 11, 2011
Philipsburg, Pa
After a long Covid-19 hiatus we are back at it.

We are packing up for the Northeast Musclecar Challenge at Pittsburgh International Race Complex.

We'll have a day of high speed road racing (finished P3 last time out of 60) and then two days of autocross.

Hopefully we can provide a good report.

ramey

green machine.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 22 users

UMI Sales

G-Body Guru
GBodyForum Sponsor
Oct 11, 2011
Philipsburg, Pa
We ended up P3 behind our own '71 Camaro and a '69 Camaro on an aftermarket subframe and 4-link.

I was able to knock 0.3 sec off my personal best at Pitt. The new Viking Crusader triples worked awesome. We were on 275 fronts instead of 315's like last time so it's even more of a win. Video edit coming soon.

As usual, the car performed like a C5, maybe faster. It's an honor to drive one of the best G-bodies in the country.

--Ramey

IMG_1794-600x400.jpg

IMG_1769-600x400.jpg

• Winner
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Kentville,Nova Scotia,Canada
Congratulations !!!
Guy

Reactions: 1 users

Kiko

Master Mechanic
Apr 14, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
Probably would have been a better finish if it wasn't for the #13 !! :giggle:

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
We ended up P3 behind our own '71 Camaro and a '69 Camaro on an aftermarket subframe and 4-link.

I was able to knock 0.3 sec off my personal best at Pitt. The new Viking Crusader triples worked awesome. We were on 275 fronts instead of 315's like last time so it's even more of a win. Video edit coming soon.

As usual, the car performed like a C5, maybe faster. It's an honor to drive one of the best G-bodies in the country.

--Ramey

Are you still feeling the car is better balanced w/the 275/315 combo vs. 315/squared?

Reactions: 3 users

UMI Sales

G-Body Guru
GBodyForum Sponsor
Oct 11, 2011
Philipsburg, Pa
Are you still feeling the car is better balanced w/the 275/315 combo vs. 315/squared?

Autocross balance is better and a side benefit is sharper turning radius with the 275's (not to mention it's a requirement to run GoodGuys Street Machine instead of Pro). I'd have liked the 315's up front on track though. Braking zones were less effective with the 275's. All in all it's a small difference and the car performed well. Probably better than the driver.

• Informative
Reactions: 6 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor