Our 79 Monte Carlo- Pro Touring Project

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Greetings Ramey & all; "It's an honor to drive one of the best G-bodies in the country", subjective of course. But few here will disagree, including me! That automobile has to be a Bunch of FUN & I suspect I may of understated that? Keep up the great work, Ole' Bob. Ps: It would of been an honor to get out handled by you guys. But mine had-has A/C & can be driven everyday.

Attachments

• IMG_6269 (2).jpg
    IMG_6269 (2).jpg
    556 KB · Views: 164
Reactions: 3 users

UMI Sales

G-Body Guru
GBodyForum Sponsor
Oct 11, 2011
Philipsburg, Pa
Greetings Ramey & all; "It's an honor to drive one of the best G-bodies in the country", subjective of course. But few here will disagree, including me! That automobile has to be a Bunch of FUN & I suspect I may of understated that? Keep up the great work, Ole' Bob. Ps: It would of been an honor to get out handled by you guys. But mine had-has A/C & can be driven everyday.

Very nice! Looks like you're wheelin' it. :cool:

• Happy
Reactions: 2 users

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Kentville,Nova Scotia,Canada
Ramey,the Monte sounds good and looks like it is working really nice.
I like the way it shifts,nice and tight with short throws !!
Guy

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Looks like its way past time for a cage if you're going that fast on a track

• Agree

UMI Sales

G-Body Guru
GBodyForum Sponsor
Oct 11, 2011
Philipsburg, Pa
Looks like its way past time for a cage if you're going that fast on a track
It has an eight point cage tied into the frame right now with plans for a halo and front bracing for next season. It wouldn't be certified for wheel to wheel as-is but at least has some rollover protection.

Our in-house engineer (besides me) is awesome at cage building. He uses a program called bendtech and can make them fit as tight as possible. Should be awesome when complete.

Reactions: 7 users

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
I didn't realize it had that. Thats good. In the video I didn't see any down bar in the front and started to get worried at those speeds. You guys are hauling the mail.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
It has an eight point cage tied into the frame right now with plans for a halo and front bracing for next season. It wouldn't be certified for wheel to wheel as-is but at least has some rollover protection.

Our in-house engineer (besides me) is awesome at cage building. He uses a program called bendtech and can make them fit as tight as possible. Should be awesome when complete.

A front hoop with down bars will stiffen up the front clip. Wirh a G body we had and 1100 lbs right front spring for an short oval with high banks and the right frame rail still moved even with the hoop and 3 down bars each side

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor