paint time for my 83

Status
Not open for further replies.

FirstClass 383

Master Mechanic
Feb 8, 2013
454cutlass said:
Rear tires are 275/50 r15.

Just got lazy. Still just spraying the jams will post them tonight. The color doesn't show well in pics.

Trunk latch

2013-04-17124233.jpg
[/quote
I really like that blue , I might of gone with a little bigger flake (just Me) but I do like it , I want your hood too, where did you get it,
My son is going to love me having to repaint it with the 3 stage pearl to match the rest of the car, but that's what you get when you own your own shop :), Cant wait to see it when shes all done

454cutlass

Master Mechanic
Sep 1, 2009
mass
marz442 said:
Nice color is it the factory color?

Not exactly it is based off a early 90 Saturn color with some tweaking. The brand of paint is 4th dimension by Sherwin Williams. Ray D.Williams Jr of the Medford Ma store mixed the paint.

454cutlass

Master Mechanic
Sep 1, 2009
mass
FirstClass 383 said:
454cutlass said:
Rear tires are 275/50 r15.

Just got lazy. Still just spraying the jams will post them tonight. The color doesn't show well in pics.

Trunk latch

2013-04-17124233.jpg
[/quote
I really like that blue , I might of gone with a little bigger flake (just Me) but I do like it , I want your hood too, where did you get it,
My son is going to love me having to repaint it with the 3 stage pearl to match the rest of the car, but that's what you get when you own your own shop :), Cant wait to see it when shes all done

Three stage paint is a b*st*rd. The shop that painted my Audi a few Times know it and dislike it. It is a Pearl white. The cutlass is just 2 stage. My good friend who is actually spraying the car won't do 3 stage paint. Some fake was added I didn't want to much.

It been a long process I also can't wait to see her in the sunlight

Unfortunately I do not know who makes the Hood it was on the car when I bought it. Don't know what makes it so different from other cowl hoods.

JBreu

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2008
Livonia, New York
Looking good...Can't wail til it's done :)

454cutlass

Master Mechanic
Sep 1, 2009
mass
finished all jam work reinstalled and aligned doors hood fenders and trunk. in the process of masking everything off. also using foam masking tape for seamless blending into jams. just needs final sanding then paint time..... just have to spend a day or two really cleaning the garage before paint. lots of dust and clutter.

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
Looking good so far! That color will look nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor