Passenger remote mirror WAGON/4 DOOR

85ss/85gn

85ss/85gn

Greasemonkey
Supporting Member
Jan 31, 2007
beaver dam,wi
Did wagons or 4 doors ever have a option for a sport remote mirror?

Last edited:
gnvair

gnvair

G-Body Guru
Sep 1, 2018
Southern New Jersey near Philly
Absolutely. It is not a very common option on the 78-88 A/G body models. It is also one of the most useless options as they never hold their position after the door is opened and closed. My 87 GN had it (I installed a non remote in place of it) and my 78 Malibu has it as well.

• Agree
Reactions: pontiacgp
pontiacgp

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I removed mine and replaced it with a non-remote mirror for the reasons gnvair pointed out

85ss/85gn

85ss/85gn

Greasemonkey
Supporting Member
Jan 31, 2007
beaver dam,wi
I Know couples did already. My question is for wagons or 4 doors

ssn696

ssn696

Antique
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
New Mexico
They mount to the door exactly the same. The cable goes through the wire bellows to the body, across the back of the dash to the lower right corner of the gauge pod. Given that amount of work, and the 40-year old loose guts in a boneyard unit, a fixed one may make more sense.

Last edited:
pontiacgp

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
They mount to the door exactly the same. The cable goes through the wire bellows to the body, across the back of the dash to the lower right corner of the have pod. Given that amount of work, and the 40-year old loose guts in a boneyard unit, a fixed one may make more sense.
I had a hard enough time removing everthing, I would never think of putting one in

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck ConsolesDixie Restoration DepotMike's MontesP-S-TSouthside Machine PerformanceUMI Performance

contact[email protected]for info on becoming a sponsor