Pay it Forward Thread/ Click it or miss out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
LSCustoms said:
mebe007 said:
the camshaft is wasted. so it has to come back apart and get all new bearings, oil pump, rings, cam etc. so im going roller this time. plan on a brake swap in the future but i can by no means afford it right now. but i dream of the day i get to ditch the drums :). if i could only find the brakes in the junkyard cheap would be nice as well. but things are tight for all of us. but throw me in the list if yah want.
damn! be patient bro, that stuff will come, keep moving forward, sh*t doesnt have a choice but to catch up...

Yeah I can understand that. Hard bein patient when she hasn't been driven since 2006. It would be nice to swap brakes when I do axles. They have been sitting new in box since 08

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
mebe007 said:
LSCustoms said:
mebe007 said:
the camshaft is wasted. so it has to come back apart and get all new bearings, oil pump, rings, cam etc. so im going roller this time. plan on a brake swap in the future but i can by no means afford it right now. but i dream of the day i get to ditch the drums :). if i could only find the brakes in the junkyard cheap would be nice as well. but things are tight for all of us. but throw me in the list if yah want.
damn! be patient bro, that stuff will come, keep moving forward, sh*t doesnt have a choice but to catch up...

Yeah I can understand that. Hard bein patient when she hasn't been driven since 2006. It would be nice to swap brakes when I do axles. They have been sitting new in box since 08

I feel your pain mebe.... mine's seen the road 2 times since 2004,and has only run long enough to break in the cam (last year) in 3 years :|

LS, great thing you've gotten started here, gonna have to dig into the mess I have in the trunk,shed, and back bedroom to see what I can find a better home for!

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
Yep. Mine didn't drive. Ran long enough to wipe the lobes right off the cam

CUTLASSJESSE

Greasemonkey
Jul 31, 2009
Pecatonica,IL
we need more members that are willing to help other guys out! its not that complicated post up something in the pay it forward if you dont want it laying around anymore could help someone finish there car up or they just cant afford it...i have sent things to multipul members here asking nothing in return hope anyone else would do the same for me if need be just my 2 cents sorry not trying to thread jump just posting late in it

melman109

Royal Smart Person
Apr 22, 2008
Arizona
Re: Pay it Forward Thread

LSCustoms said:
and I have finally met a group of friends that are similar to me, some have way bigger heads and smaller bodies though...

to name a few:
My big bro Chicken Boy (Chicken Boy Racing)
EL Co Warren
Melman
Kuruption
Deezy
Ill even through Saint in the group (even though he need to catch up)

these guys would give the shirt off their back for a friend. hell, warren recently gave me a b&m trans and I know he is working hard to maintain his life.. i am the same way, for my small group of friends, if i see one hurtin, even if i am, i gotta help... that little bit of encouragement may be enough to save their life... you never know how someone is thinking...

because of this, hopefully someone else can come together and start helping one another out, times are hard, and some people deserve a hand, you can tell the difference

I couldn't have asked to be apart of a better crew myself. When kuruption and I decided we wanted to start our own club we talked about it being family orientated and all about helping each other accomplish our never ending projects/goals. I think everyone in the crew does a fine job in making that happen. whether it be by lending a hand, donating a part or just giving advice/words of encouragement.

I plan on adding some items to this thread myself once I figure out exactly what parts I plan on using on my build.

Lowproelco

Greasemonkey
Jul 19, 2011
So Cal
This is a good idea.. i have a couple thangs i could donate to the cause...

have a burgandy glove box with lock for g-body

have two black monte dash bezels long piece one has a slight crack but can be fixed and second one it perfect condition..

also have a gauge bezel trim also from monte...

have a 60-40 split bench burgandy with tracks rails needs to be recovered but still good

al finally have an lt1 87-95 long block with centerbolt heads just sitten in my garage was gonna use it but change of plans.. has a spun bearing but if you want it come and pick it up...

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia

dream on mcss

G-Body Guru
Jun 22, 2011
Oxford, MI
85CutlassSalonRyder said:
Ok, here goes............ I have an 3/4 complete olds 307 (casting numbers are :3161-5A) minus water pump, starter, carb, and manifolds. If anyone is interested, let me know! Like "LS" said it's completly free, just give me time for the shipping cost.

How much do you think it would cost to ship it to Oxford, Michigan, 48371? All I have is $100 so I dont have much to buy things.

BIGBrandon2785

Greasemonkey
Jun 12, 2011
Saint Louis,MO
If anybody has the top part of a driver side door panel for a 86 Grand Prix let me know.Ive been out of work for 6 months with no unemployment,times are getting rough.And ive been looking everywhere for this on part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor