• Exhaust

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Tow Mirrors and Hitch

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 4, 2012
The Buick has been at a standstill for the past few months, but my daily driver Chevy truck has been getting work done no one stop. I am finishing up a bunch of bodywork on it, and I've saved up a few hundred dollars for my next mod. The truck is a 1996 K1500 5.7 Vortec ECSB 4wd in mostly stock form other than GMT800 wheels and its leveled. As she sits-

image.jpeg

The mods I'm considering now are-

Dual CB Antenna Setup- currently I don't have a CB but I love the look of the dual 4' antennas right behind the cab.

BackRack- I haul ladders frequently and it would be nice to have a backrack so I don't have to keep leaning them against the cab. The only thing is, my tonneau cover isn't compatible with the rack so I'd have to get rid of the cover. Currently I'm liking the 'half louvered' style rack.

Exhaust- There is a kit on Amazon for a muffler back dual exhaust setup with a Flowmaster super 40 that's supposedly a direct bolt on kit. I am leaning toward this a little bit.

Tow Mirrors and Tow Hitch- My hitch receiver is rusted out and is gonna need replaced but I don't tow often so it's not a huge deal right now. Also I love the look of the 07+ Chevy tow mirrors and they sell aftermarket ones online for a good enough price.

Which mod do you think is most worth it?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
haha, I read the options before I scrolled down and saw your truck.....I was wondering wtf were you doing to your Regal....:doh:

Nov 4, 2012
haha, I read the options before I scrolled down and saw your truck.....I was wondering wtf were you doing to your Regal....:doh:

Yes, it might be pretty weird to put tow mirrors and a backrack on the regal, lmao.

85442/86buick

G-Body Guru
Feb 12, 2013
Perth Country , Ontario
it's a truck ...function first.....backrack for sure. My 95 K2500 has a cap on it. the number of times I wish I had a backrack....tons.

Oh and what you call a truck with a cap on it ? ...................a shed

Nov 4, 2012
Well I decided on a combination of two options. I got a class IV hitch receiver from Curt and an exhaust setup from Flowmaster. The exhaust is a Dual In- Dual Out Flowmaster Super 40 into dual 2.5" mandrel bent pipes that exit behind each of the rear tires at a 45* angle. I'm pretty excited to get this stuff installed. I'll be sure to get before and after sound clips of the exhaust :D

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor