Picked Up This 1 Owner 87 SS Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

87Aero

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 29, 2021
NY
Picked up this 1987 Monte Carlo SS today.

33k miles. 1 owner. Last registered 1997.

Base coat clear coat OEM decal repaint in 1990’s. Very well done.

My friend was working on an HVAC job at this house and saw it in the garage. Owner said he was interested in moving it. I have an 87 Aerocoupe and he texted me to let me know.

Let me tell you. Total time machine. Bushings and suspension are perfect. I know. My 41k mile Aero is worse. For some reason. Starts on first turn of the key. Interior perfect. No options besides buckets and console. Manual windows and locks. No power trunk. Just amazing. Radio works perfect. Needs a headliner. Have done that before. No problem. Wheels could use a refinish. Tires are brand new (1990) but no good. Too old Eagle ST’s. Will pop new center caps on from Mike’s. A true barn find. The price was negotiated down a little from where it was. Yes I used my Aerocoupe plates to get it home 15 miles. It was insured however.

Attachments

• 543A62FE-E11F-4975-A410-BD607470D872.jpeg
    543A62FE-E11F-4975-A410-BD607470D872.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 110
Last edited:
  • Winner
  • Wow
Reactions: 11 users

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
Paid 7k? Heck of a deal.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

87Aero

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 29, 2021
NY
Paid 7k? Heck of a deal.
$7k. Yes. It drives like a brand new car. I have an 87 already. So I know. I had asked the guy to text me some info and he stated he did not own a cell phone. 🤷‍♀️ Did not want to go through listing it. Just wanted an enthusiastic buyer with cash who would take care of it like he did.

Reactions: 1 users

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
$7k. Yes. It drives like a brand new car. I have an 87 already. So I know. I had asked the guy to text me some info and he stated he did not own a cell phone. 🤷‍♀️ Did not want to go through listing it. Just wanted an enthusiastic buyer with cash who would take care of it like he did.

Sounds like a match made in heaven. I can understand him not wanting to deal with listing it and with the market for all vehicles especially an SS like that it’s way under what the going rate is. Not my fav color combo but hard to be picky when it’s that clean.

Any photo op planned with your Aero and this one together? The contrast but same red stripes would be cool.

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Nice score! It's nice to know it has a second owner that will cherish the car like the first one did. Sometimes when people are selling their vehicles they are willing to come down a little more on price when they know it will continue to be well cared for. We can all relate to ours cars being part of the family. Nice family addition.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor