Planning Site Upgrade.... Need Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
Any way to rearrange the ratings to put the negatives to the right and positives on the left?

Not sure. The reactions uses a totally new addon for 2.x and I'm just getting used to it. I'll see what I can do though.

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
Something that hasn't been mentioned but should be easy because the info is all there, but the problem might be where to put it is a wiki or sticky area with the things that have been answered over and over again. I'm thinking especially about suspension and steering - F41, 12.4:1 steering box, jeep/minivan steering shafts, S-10 spindles and brakes, tall ball joints, moog spring numbers, etc. Also jounce bars, GP bars, and all the bracing bars that came on the various years and models, and the aftermarket alternatives, etc. Anti-roll bars swaps with other body series. There are probably other areas besides suspension/steering where the wheel has been invented several times, and the search function is not always your friend.

Cheers - Gary
A files section would be great for this. Have some of the best info and how-to's made into PDF's and stuck into a Mods and Info section.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
A files section would be great for this. Have some of the best info and how-to's made into PDF's and stuck into a Mods and Info section.

I will probably put a "resources" section up once the upgrade is done and kinks worked out. It's a separate addon that manages files and static content like that. So something like that is definitely in the plan.

Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Something that hasn't been mentioned but should be easy because the info is all there, but the problem might be where to put it is a wiki or sticky area with the things that have been answered over and over again. I'm thinking especially about suspension and steering - F41, 12.4:1 steering box, jeep/minivan steering shafts, S-10 spindles and brakes, tall ball joints, moog spring numbers, etc. Also jounce bars, GP bars, and all the bracing bars that came on the various years and models, and the aftermarket alternatives, etc. Anti-roll bars swaps with other body series. There are probably other areas besides suspension/steering where the wheel has been invented several times, and the search function is not always your friend.

Cheers - Gary

Simple. Type this into Google: site:gbodyforum.com F41 suspension

Just change the subject and date to refine your search.

Example:
http://www.google.ca/search?q=site:...34.mobile-heirloom-serp..26.5.890.dgyttrBFPTg

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I demand this become our banner!

il_570xN.380160499_gd9j.jpg

• Friendly
Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I have gotten this page a few times today trying to go to the site. I closed it down and got in on the 2nd try. I have auto login so I am curious if this has something to do with an upgrade or has the site been hijacked...

fe9d50e5-3d29-47fa-804e-5e92b1d80604.jpg

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
I have gotten this page a few times today trying to go to the site. I closed it down and got in on the 2nd try. I have auto login so I am curious if this has something to do with an upgrade or has the site been hijacked...

A few times today? or just in the last hour or so? I had the server offline for a few minutes just now while I tweaked the database server settings. If you're getting that a lot I need to know because it shouldn't happen unless the server is offline. (like it was!) That's just cloudflare's caching at work. If the server is down it will show the last general copy of stuff it has. Not hacked. Doing what its supposed to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor