Pontiac 455 from derby car = bad idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bit the bullet and picked it up already. I couldn't even find one torn apart up here, let alone a good running one for $500 w/trans. As much as like cars, I'm beginning to hate driving for extended periods of time.

2 Addtional thoughts:

What ever heads you use, have them set up for lift with 1.70 rockers.

Also have the pushrod holes clearanced for more lift.

This way you start with 1.5 rockers and if you want to grow you can add 1.55, 1.6 or 1.65 at a later date without pulling things a part.

Hey Steve, good score! Where did you get that great sticker in your signature? It rocks!

I think Shotgun's advice is spot on. If at all possible I would get the better rocker ratio the first time. Other than cost if the heads are set up for it as he mentions I don't know of a down side. It makes you get more for your money on your cam purchase. Shotgun what are the basic specs of the that cam? Intake & exhaust lift and duration at 50.

shotgun said:
2 Addtional thoughts:

What ever heads you use, have them set up for lift with 1.70 rockers.

Also have the pushrod holes clearanced for more lift.

This way you start with 1.5 rockers and if you want to grow you can add 1.55, 1.6 or 1.65 at a later date without pulling things a part.

Found a complete 350 for $150 with 6X-4 heads......so those will be the heads I use. I'll keep that advice in mind as well.

2041 : 222/232 degrees of 0.050-inch duration with 0.450/0.470" valve lift at 1.5.
IVO=2 BTDC, IVC= 40 ABDC, EVO= 53 ABDC, IVC= -1 ATDC.

G-Body_Vet said:
deanlemans81 said:
Hey Steve, good score! Where did you get that great sticker in your signature? It rocks!

It's pirated from ebay!
If you still have the add info I would eally like to have it. Gotta stick one on the lemans

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor