Not open for further replies.

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
My little brother after I bought my cutlass
"Why did you get a granny car?"
I just tell 'em.. " My family car is faster than your sports car"
I get thumbs up, literally every time I drive mine. The "worst" smack I get.... "Nice Monte Carlo" LOL!!

Reactions: 2 users

RegalBegal

G-Body Guru
Jul 10, 2009
Goldsboro, NC
I get the "nice Monte Carlo" all the time. I love the perplexed look i get when I say it's a Buick.

:doh:

Reactions: 1 user

kalidromos13

Master Mechanic
Oct 12, 2016
Palmdale, CA
I've been told, "that's a nice regal" three times already, I think it might be the square tail lights, but most of the time people ask me what it is...there's no badges or emblems haha

Reactions: 1 user

Looter

Apprentice
Jun 27, 2016
Driving back from PA where I bought it I got compliments every time I stopped for gas (dads hemi Durango sucked more fuel than I did), and also got some envious looks from a group of suspicious guys in a blacked out escalade, which is when dad said "there's some places we can't park this". Thankfully old cars are appreciated much more than they were back in '09 before Cash for clunkers took so many away.

gbodytoys

G-Body Guru
May 1, 2014
Detroit, MI
I think I've only had one guy say something about a hoopty while I was driving but for the most part, I get more praise than anything. There is not one car out here (minus supercars) that I'd take over a Chevelle SS that I could build the way I want. Pro-touring, every creature comforts, 1000hp+, etc...I'd take a fully customized Monte Carlo SS/442/Grand National that's done the way I want it over 99% of the cars made today. Granted, I'd need 30k or more to build a gbody to the best of everything + show quality interior.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

STLRegal

G-Body Guru
Jun 22, 2007
St.Louis
Just this past weekend I had a little kid shout out "Nice car"! As he played with some toy trucks at the corner of his yard.

Give it time guys. The old sterotypes of our cars being hoopties when they were a dime a dozen and neglected is going the wayside as younger people who never experienced that and the older people take a trip down memory lane. Get your cars looking and sounding good and people will start to appreciate them more.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor