1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ppl talking smack about your gbody cars

Discussion in 'G-Body Tales' started by cutty559, Sep 3, 2009.

1. UNGN

UNGN Royal Smart Person

A few weeks ago I took my son up to Nebraska for college orientation and I took my '86 T-type out of the storage building to my dads house to work on it and get it ready for a car show. At a streetlight, a beautiful 45-50 year old black woman in a Mercedes SUV next to us was staring at my T-type. She rolls down her windows and asks "what year is it?" My son says '86 and you could tell by her expression she wanted it bad.

2. axisg

axisg Royal Smart Person

Dunno about sheep but we seen at least 5 goats penned in the back of an Elco cruising down the 401 on my way to St Jacobs Market on Saturday. It looked a little windy but didn't stop the dumb little buggars from sticking their heads out between the slats and bleating every time traffic slowed down :)

My wife commented that even Goats don't like El Caminos......

She's a hater anyways. When we were first dating back in '91 she said I should get rid of my 80 Calais because it needed work, to which I replied she should take the bus ! I kept the girl and drove the car into the ground. 26 years later I sometimes wonder if I made the right choice. :doh:

#182 axisg, Jul 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. pontiacgp

pontiacgp Rocket Powered Basset Hound

I have to admit I'd take the Goat over the El Camino....

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. mclellan83

mclellan83 Apprentice

But would you take a new gen goat over the elky?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#184 mclellan83, Jul 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  5. pontiacgp

pontiacgp Rocket Powered Basset Hound

If I did I would have posted a picture of the Australian goat.

6. STLRegal

STLRegal G-Body Guru

As of late I've got nothing but compliments about my regal. The engine swap probably helps a great deal because it sounds pretty mean. But even then I've had people who haven't even heard it run say that it's badass. Even my brother in law who gave me a lot of crap in jest about buying both my regals gave me compliments once I had done the engine swap.

I honestly don't think you'll be getting much crap from people under a certain age as long as your car is in decent shape and running. These cars are finally old enough that younger people don't remember when they were a dime a dozen and held the stereotype of being associated with trashy people, because they were cheap, and older folks might make them feel a bit nostalgic. Also due to their age you pretty much have to be a gear head to keep them on the road so they don't really make a good beater car anymore.

Gbodies are like VW bus's and hippies or camaro's and mullets. I think they'll probably always have that stigma but people will generally appreciate them.

So what do you all think the new car that carries a stigma with it? I think the early 2000s Ford Taurus with the rear end sagging is pretty typical. That or Prius's or smart cars being driven by hipsters.

7. STLRegal

STLRegal G-Body Guru

What's funny is 10 years ago I'd have black guys come up all the time complimenting my car and asking if I wanted to sell it. It's pulled a 180 since then. A lot of younger black guys won't even give it a second glance, while the white guys are asking if it's for sale.