Pre filling brake lines???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Got my brakes brakes done the other day. For some reason my battery was dead. Hooked up the charger and found out the brake lights were on. Checked a few things and found that the pedal arm wasn’t contacting the switch. Got POd and quit for the day. Is the switch adjustable?

spidereyes455

G-Body Guru
Mar 6, 2013
Northeastern PA
It is. You should just be able to grab it and just push it tight against the pedal.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Wagonman100

Apprentice
Jun 8, 2018
They are usually threaded into the bracket and can be adjusted. Unplug it first, adjust it and plug it back in.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
They are usually threaded into the bracket and can be adjusted. Unplug it first, adjust it and plug it back in.

it is not threaded into the bracket and no need to remove the wiring, you just need to push it in till the micro switch is depressed.

Wagonman100

Apprentice
Jun 8, 2018
it is not threaded into the bracket and no need to remove the wiring, you just need to push it in till the micro switch is depressed.
If that is the case great. It’s been a while since I messed with the one in my El Camino to add a third brake light, but I could have sworn it was threaded and when I search for a brake light switch for an ‘80 Malibu it shows threaded ones as well.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
If that is the case great. It’s been a while since I messed with the one in my El Camino to add a third brake light, but I could have sworn it was threaded and when I search for a brake light switch for an ‘80 Malibu it shows threaded ones as well.

the threads keep it locked in place but some use a nut on either side of the bracket

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario

I'm glad you asked about the switch cause I have mine out now and I would not have thought about a nut on each side but I like that idea

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Mines a 79 Elco, the switch is threaded but in a push clip. Lights now go out.

Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Mines a 79 Elco, the switch is threaded but in a push clip. Lights now go out.

I have the same on my GP and like you I have killed the battery with the brake lights on cause the switch had been pushed back when I was working in the area. I'm going to use a couple of nuts to prevent that happening again

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I'm glad you asked about the switch cause I have mine out now and I would not have thought about a nut on each side but I like that idea
Vs. 2 spring steel tangs acting as nuts on nylon threads? I think you're, fine. Ron Popiel said it best- "Just set it, and forget it!"

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor