problems with gbodyparts.com?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonderboy24

Royal Smart Person
Jul 10, 2012
Davenport, Iowa
i as well have ordered parts from GBODYPARTS.COM. it took awhile to get my parts as well but brian was helpful. i have has faster shipping from mikesmontes.com and dixiemontecarloparts.com.not sure why but. i would order from any of these 3. good parts for sure.

thepcsurgeon

Master Mechanic
Oct 10, 2013
Orange County, NY
Dixie Monte Carlo has always been 100% with me. Recently ordered the 17" n90 wheels from them and appeared quickly. The lug nuts I ordered at the same time appeared two days later. Great job and always answers the phone with technical q's.......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

t01blaze

Master Mechanic
Oct 4, 2011
South New Jersey
I haven't had any problems with them yet. I ordered some new body mount bolts and a reproduction passenger side A pillar trim. Both parts came in the same box, packaged well, and within 3 days. I guess it depends on what you order, or if it is in stock or not. It sounds to me like their communication could be better. Maybe their supplier is holding them up?

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Gbodyparts.com has had an unfortunate string of incomplete orders in recent years with their customer service degrading; the Turbo Buick community is suffering quite badly as a result of this. Unfortunately the paying vendors tend to be protected on websites with the membership left to suffer the consequences of reality being filtered. Communication is paramount in business - anything less is a recipe for disaster.

86-blk442

G-Body Guru
Dec 2, 2008
West Seneca, New York
A few years ago (early 2009) I had a long wait for parts on a big order I had placed. But in more recent years only one issue with an order being forgotten or misplaced. Usually my orders have arrived within a few days to a week no problems. Now I am contemplating sending my 442 wheels in for a new set. But not sure I want to because the 3.5" backspacing on the reman wheels is wrong. $900+shipping is a lot of dough for something incorrect. I can get aftermarkets for $600, still incorrect but at least $300+ cheaper... Has anyone tried bringing this up to them?

spudd

Apprentice
Sep 10, 2012
I have tried to order from them but got the run around on when I could get the parts. I run a shop and I cant tell the customer I am waiting on parts for 3 months
Talked to Brian on the phone once and seams to be a great guy.Justs needs to get more organized it seams to me

jociha

Master Mechanic
Oct 16, 2012
86-blk442 said:
A few years ago (early 2009) I had a long wait for parts on a big order I had placed. But in more recent years only one issue with an order being forgotten or misplaced. Usually my orders have arrived within a few days to a week no problems. Now I am contemplating sending my 442 wheels in for a new set. But not sure I want to because the 3.5" backspacing on the reman wheels is wrong. $900+shipping is a lot of dough for something incorrect. I can get aftermarkets for $600, still incorrect but at least $300+ cheaper... Has anyone tried bringing this up to them?

Check around like Specialty Wheel, I talked to one of the aftermarket suppliers not sure if it was Specialty, but for an extra $20 each they will make the wheel any back space you want paint it and have what you want. I wanted a better back spacing on the 15x8 so I could fit 275's correctly under my back wheel house so I called them they said no problem.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
motorheadmike said:
Gbodyparts.com has had an unfortunate string of incomplete orders in recent years with their customer service degrading; the Turbo Buick community is suffering quite badly as a result of this. Unfortunately the paying vendors tend to be protected on websites with the membership left to suffer the consequences of reality being filtered. Communication is paramount in business - anything less is a recipe for disaster.

SSeabee said:
SNIP
That's it. I wanted to be sure and take the time to share this with you so you can make an informed decision about who to buy from and who it may just not be worth dealing with.

FFS, If you were me, what would you do with the two of you right now?

I haven't deleted any posts, or banned anybody yet today, because I really want to know what you two expect me to do here. On the one hand, Brian's paid (and has for several years) for one-on-one access with you guys, and until that shitfest last week (or whenever) things have been more or less fine, save for only one incident I recall that has since been resolved (I think.)

The timing of this post is extremely suspect, given recent events, and leads me to believe its related.

On the other hand, I have a responsibility to the community, and if there is a problem out there, then it needs to be addressed. HOWEVER, I don't think that what you guys are doing is going about it the right way, and if it doesn't stop (as in you both need to edit your posts if possible) I will. Take this into the GBodyParts forum and be polite about it. Flies, honey, sh*t and all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor