Problems with heater controls

Status
Not open for further replies.

JESSE

Master Mechanic
Nov 21, 2007
GULFPORT,MS
heater

all i can say is it's a b*tch getting old :D if i remenber this right there is a wire connecter on the heater box side of the motor that has a red and black wire that burns or gets corroded but maybe all my brain cells are busting..... i don't know ..jesse :idea:

pokertramp

G-Body Guru
Aug 10, 2008
85 Cutlass Brougham said:
The main vacuum feed line to the dash switch is purple under the hood, and will have the vacuum cannister in line with it. There should also be a one way check valve in line with this line to prevent vacuum bleed off under hard acceleration. I am trying to work this stuff out right now too, and have the complete diagrams from GM to work from. If I could configure my all in one, I would scan and post them here. BTW, if the line is not hooked up, it has a default position of defrost/floor heat as a safety measure. if this is all you get, the vac line is not hooked up. Also, the blower resistor is not in resistance mode at high. It is in all other modes. There is also a blower motor relay in the system. Both are located on the top of the suitcase with the resistor in the airstream of the fan, and the resistor is a silver or black box hanging off the edge behind the accumulator.

Thank you very much. I just tried the gray line and it only works on cool so now I need to find a way to make the purple line long enough to reach.

As far as the fan speed, you say it's either one of those that are causing the problem? They are cheap parts I think so ill just buy both new.

pokertramp

G-Body Guru
Aug 10, 2008
HEY I got the heat going. I did a temp job till I get the right stuff. I cut part of the gray line and had one fitting to connect to the carb but it's taped together. I don't need the gray line, I got no more A/C and that valve is not on the heater core anymore. As for the fan, I am not too worried right now but ill get it fixed.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor