Proforged tie rods and steering replacement package.

Northernregal

Northernregal

Master Mechanic
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer AB
Looking to replace my steering parts. Just curious if anyone has used the proforged tie rod, centerlink package on rock auto. My UMI suspension came with the ball joints so I figured they would be quality.

Part number is 11610011 on Rockauto.

Thanks in advance.

motorheadmike

motorheadmike

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 18, 2009
Ottawa, Ontario Canada

81cutlass

Royal Smart Person
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
I put moog stuff on my car buying it through the summit racing ebay store on one of their 15% off deals.

Moog and proforged looked pretty identical and ordering it through summit wasn't the cheapest piece price but was the cheapest with shipping added. The 15% off was a bonus. Rockauto was cheaper per part but shipping turned into a big addition.

I havn't seen any differences in proforged to moog in this era of cars from what the interwebs says, so whatever you feel more comfortable or find the best deal on.

81cutlass

Royal Smart Person
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
I forgot to add-

Moog and proforged both offered the idler arm, center link, and inner and outer tie rod "kits" on rockauto and summit.

Somehow, I was able to purchase the moog parts individual through the summit ebay store cheaper than even summit had on their normal store (how I don't know), and even cheaper than the kit with everything in it.

pontiacgp

pontiacgp

Canadian Prime Minister
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I like the moog problem solver with their warranty but I find they wear out quicker than I like. I know the idler arm is known to fail and maybe with larger tires than stock it works harder than designed for but I would like to find a product that lasts. I haven't had the idler arm and drag link on my GP for more than 2 summers and I have a little play somewhere, I know the tie rods are good.

Northernregal

Northernregal

Master Mechanic
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer AB
Good info. Thanks guys.

I’ll order it up and post my thoughts when I get the kit. Seemed like a good deal to me for everything in one kit. I’ve seen the ball joints recommended a few different places so they have to be decent quality.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
fleming442 Frame / Chassis / Suspension / Steering 27