Project 85 Black 442 frame off restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.
got the black satin chassis saver coat applied as well as applied the seam sealer onto the front half of the car as well as the floor pan.

nice write up/post love every page of it keep up the post im doing same thing just did my frame now onto body i used eastwood chassis satin black over rust encapsulater eastwood chassis black was good but the rust encapsulater i really liked it went on nice i stripped it the long way angle grinder and wire wheel plus i shot eastwood internal frame coating now to body thanks for motivation i hope mine goes as smooth as urs did minus all the rust u had to replace lol sure glad g body parts is makin body parts cause fabercating would be a bih lol anyways thanks good info here.

Nice work Toby. I think that the car is going to be better than new when you're done. I know you've put alot of work into getting the body & frame back to original, but just out of curiousity, are you keeping the car completely original (driveline, power options etc.)?

THis car is going to be so unreal. I cant wait to see the end product.

clean8485 said:
Nice work Toby. I think that the car is going to be better than new when you're done. I know you've put alot of work into getting the body & frame back to original, but just out of curiousity, are you keeping the car completely original (driveline, power options etc.)?

Keeping it all original as possible down to the screw type and sizes. This one gets put up after being done and brought out for special occasions as well as car shows. THe Blue 81 I have can be my fun customize and tear apart, horsepower enhance..turbo???, guinnea pig car.

Thanks a lot for posting so many pictures.
I currently work on a 84 GP for a friend.
It s so rusty that use your topic as a guide to understand how parts should be 🙂
This enable me to see removing the whole floor is easy on those cars, it s the first time I play with a gbody.
And I love the Impala dash ...

Phil

all I can say is: WOW!

after talking to you today about this, I had to find and read through this thread... I usually only hit the regal block, but guess I'll have to get used to coming over here too! hard to tell that you haven't done body work proffesionally before, as everything you're doing is meticulous and precise. I about lost my mind doig a hack job on the regal's driver floorpan, and you're doing so much more to this rare gem... hats off to ya man, I wouldn't have had the nerve or patience to do it correctly. I'm watching til the first show pics! :popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor