Project 85 Black 442 frame off restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I just so happen to have a spare NOS GM set of black/gold stripes and door "442" decals I could let go if interested. Everything with exception of the decklid and front bumper 442 numbers decals. Would go great with this project. PM me if interested.

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
GT_80 said:
You guys are nitpicking over a pin stripe? God... The car is gorgeous and better than brand new! Cut him some slack! I bet there are some cars from GM that were 'wrong' and thus more desirable. Like a double minted dime or something.

The car is turning out quite nice but if you knew 69hurstolds you wouldn't have responded that way. The stripes are a tricky thing to get right and they can make or break a good restoration if not applied correctly. Anyone that knows these cars well would notice they are not correct.

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
yup, we are going to fix them as well as a bunch of other flaws in the paint as well, going back to the booth!

I am definitely interested in those decals for the car.!! It's going to be concourse resto, so I am all in!

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Never fear nit pickers... :D
It appears there's hope in an NOS set of stripes for Toby's 85 442 will be coming to fruition soon. So don't fret about the aftermarket kit staying for long.

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
69hurstolds said:
It appears there's hope in an NOS set of stripes for Toby's 85 442 will be coming to fruition soon. So don't fret about the aftermarket kit staying for long.

Hey Brother man, trying to get these from you now fyi, check your pm

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
I got my 215/65/15 Original Eagle GT tires all worn evenly and date coded the same. Also scored a brand new spare eagle gt on a spare wheel with the blue protectant on the white letters. Should have some wheels coming soon as well

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
That is crazy, getting the datecodes tires and all, wow. But, it will be right and look good!

Rasheerh

Master Mechanic
Nov 15, 2007
Cincinnati, oh
Im gonna take my cutlass to these guys when im ready for paint

Burnhard

Master Mechanic
Jan 6, 2010
Nice work Toby car looks real nice. Its hard to see anything wrong with the paint in the pictures. What's wrong with the paint?
Remember the paint and body work was never that good from the factory average at best. I know you have a eye for detail and are most likely looking for show paint V factory original paint style.

69hurstolds said:
Is there any hope for an NOS style reproduction stripe in the future? I am getting my car ready to paint sometime this winter and would like to use a correct style stripe. We did a black 442 last winter and ended up putting a black stripe below the gold to correct the paint line at the silver.
Do you guys think there would be a demand for an OE style stripe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor