Not open for further replies.

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
xitabl442 said:
69hurstolds said:
Never fear nit pickers... :D
It appears there's hope in an NOS set of stripes for Toby's 85 442 will be coming to fruition soon. So don't fret about the aftermarket kit staying for long.
Is there any hope for an NOS style reproduction stripe in the future? I am getting my car ready to paint sometime this winter and would like to use a correct style stripe. We did a black 442 last winter and ended up putting a black stripe below the gold to correct the paint line at the silver.
Do you guys think there would be a demand for an OE style stripe?

I should know something soon.

p.s. My car is in "paint prison", It hopes to make bail soon!!!

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
Well here is the skinny. I was is a deal with a buddy of mine over a car I traded him for the paining of my 442. Its not really going anywhere so it looks more and more like I'm going to get cash and I'm going to be painting this one on my own. :(.

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
tobyp said:
Well here is the skinny. I was is a deal with a buddy of mine over a car I traded him for the paining of my 442. Its not really going anywhere so it looks more and more like I'm going to get cash and I'm going to be painting this one on my own. :(.

judging by the pics of the GN, it appears that won't be a huge obstacle! :mrgreen:

Alerch

Master Mechanic
Jul 15, 2013
Goose creek SC
Toby, got any updates on the 442?

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
Not recently. I have been enjoying some time at car shows with the GN. I need a break from all the work to enjoy. Ill be back at it soon, more than likely over the winter.

Winning trophy s is a little more rewarding right now.

Alerch

Master Mechanic
Jul 15, 2013
Goose creek SC
tobyp said:
Not recently. I have been enjoying some time at car shows with the GN. I need a break from all the work to enjoy. Ill be back at it soon, more than likely over the winter.

Winning trophy s is a little more rewarding right now.

Totally understand the taking a break from working on the cars. I bet the GN is winning quite a few trophies!

MidNight Rider

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 24, 2008
Texas
that is truly a labor of love. that will look like sweet when it is done

gearhedjon

Apprentice
Dec 5, 2012
oak forest IL
Toby, you have done a fantastic job on the 442. I do have a few questions about certain finishes on a couple of chassis items. I have original Grad National parts on my car that are unrestored. The steering box on my car has a cast iron finish on the steering gear box and an aluminum top cover. The 8.5 rear axle on mine, is black with a steel rear cover. Was yours like this? Which is correct? Again great job on the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor