Project 85 Black 442 frame off restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.
What rotisseries and sand blaster you go with there Toby p??? I'm in the market for the same "nessasary frame -off build must haves" :wink: I'll get you them pic's of the covers this week,my comp been down,I believe I may still have you cell number if not pm it to me and I'll send them through there?

L.A.X-RATED said:
What rotisseries and sand blaster you go with there Toby p??? I'm in the market for the same "nessasary frame -off build must haves" :wink: I'll get you them pic's of the covers this week,my comp been down,I believe I may still have you cell number if not pm it to me and I'll send them through there?

Thanks Man. Here are some links on what I purchased.

http://www.accessiblesystems.com/bul/bul.php

http://www.tractorsupply.com/jobsmart-r ... ty-3951103

http://www.tractorsupply.com/ingersoll- ... or-3496111

Man I am trying to get time to get my parts car off the frame so you can get a look at the trunk. Things have been hectic here and at the shop. What did you do with your frames from the parts cars?

iam2fast4u86 said:
Man I am trying to get time to get my parts car off the frame so you can get a look at the trunk. Things have been hectic here and at the shop. What did you do with your frames from the parts cars?

One frame was shot except for the frame rails which I cut off and created a nice frame replacemnt for the 442. So I still have the original 442 frame which will be pulled from the body next week

So today I dedicated my time toward installing a new air compressor so I can better sand blast and paint. This compressor was a hot deal at Tractor Supply for ony 699.00 and it carries 14cfm at 90psi. It definately handles the sandblaster well. I also was able to pick up my rotisoriee and plan on painting it with some epoxy paint on Monday. I also received an entire repair floor from a memeber on the board as well as a couple rocker panels. Hopefully I will be seperating the fram from the body next week

IMAG2760.jpg

IMAG2759.jpg

IMAG2758.jpg

IMAG2755.jpg

IMAG2754.jpg

IMAG2757.jpg

Rotisorie ready to be epoxy painted

IMAG2761.jpg

That is really awesome. I'm glad to see another limited edition G-body saved. That's the same basic plan I have for the '84 Hurst/Olds I'm getting. I just wish I had the money to buy all the cool play toys :lol: but then again, there isa certain sense of accomplishment from doing it the hard way. Or the wrong way. And then try again :rofl: I have learned that experience is the best teacher. Now I just wish it was all good experience.

SilvrPegasus47 said:
That is really awesome. I'm glad to see another limited edition G-body saved. That's the same basic plan I have for the '84 Hurst/Olds I'm getting. I just wish I had the money to buy all the cool play toys :lol: but then again, there isa certain sense of accomplishment from doing it the hard way. Or the wrong way. And then try again :rofl: I have learned that experience is the best teacher. Now I just wish it was all good experience.

I hear you man, I have been doing stuff the harder way and have decided that I am getting to the age where I need to enjoy doing this a little more with working smarter not harder. Last night when I shot the rotisorie then sandblasted bumper shocks and upper control arms in two hours by using that better cfm compressor I realized smarter, not harder. WHat a time savings it was!

rotisorie painted epoxy primer waiting to be put together when it cures a couple days. Now it is time to start putting the inner rocker back in place on the drivers side and mount the NOS rocker panel on the drivers side as well. In between doing all this I am sandblasting all the suspension, epoxy priming and top coating with chassis saver satin black. Just a quick pic of the rotisorie painted last night. It was harder that it looked! It took a whole quart, surprising.

Attachments

• IMAG2767.jpg
    IMAG2767.jpg
    865.6 KB · Views: 1,240
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor