project Andy's 84 Hurst/Olds

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
The stance is perfect. What are the specs on the springs? Any rubbing issues?

iameggor

Greasemonkey
Feb 25, 2011
Montana
clean8485 said:
Very nice! I like the covers that you fabbed up for the area behind the grill.

Thanks, sometimes the little things make a big difference. I am pretty happy with the outcome, I also think it helps bring the air threw the radiator to assist the cooling.

iameggor

Greasemonkey
Feb 25, 2011
Montana
DRIVEN said:
The stance is perfect. What are the specs on the springs? Any rubbing issues?

Thanks. The springs are the Belltech muscle car lowering springs I used a 1in drop up front, 146-5104, and 2in drop in the rear,146-5108. I had to get the drop shocks also because the rear springs kept wanting to fall out if you unloaded the suspension. The front springs settled allot more then 1 inch.. more like 3. so I had to get spring helpers up front, but the front tires would have rubbed if I didn't. No rubbing at all well aside from my tires on the headers during a sharp turn.

Fader

Greasemonkey
Apr 29, 2011
Eastern Nebraska
Very well done....Sounds like you have a good friend/co-worker to help with that much stuff! Keep up the good work

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
I love it! Its the perfect combo of originality and modification. Id love to see it on the street at sunset. I bet that paint really pops at night under the street lights.
This car should really be in a magazine.... simply awesome work!

iameggor

Greasemonkey
Feb 25, 2011
Montana
Fader said:
Very well done....Sounds like you have a good friend/co-worker to help with that much stuff! Keep up the good work

Thanks. Yeah he is a good friend and I helped him restore his 69 Chevelle SS 2 years before so he helped me with mine. He is the one who told me about the cars in the field and he use to work at an olds dealership in the 80's and saw an 84 hurst/olds role on to the show room floor. He is the mechanic and I am the body guy. here are a few pictures of his car.

Both are cars took about the same time to restore, his had a little more body work, mine had allot more pieces to paint. His car is faster then mine :cry:

Attachments

• IMG_1027.jpg
    IMG_1027.jpg
    498.2 KB · Views: 897
  • IMG_1022.jpg
    IMG_1022.jpg
    616.8 KB · Views: 898
  • IMG_1145.jpg
    IMG_1145.jpg
    319.6 KB · Views: 906
  • IMG_0888.jpg
    IMG_0888.jpg
    471.9 KB · Views: 901

iameggor

Greasemonkey
Feb 25, 2011
Montana
bill said:
I love it! Its the perfect combo of originality and modification. Id love to see it on the street at sunset. I bet that paint really pops at night under the street lights.
This car should really be in a magazine.... simply awesome work!

thanks :) A magazine would be nice but it will be December in our snap-on guys local calendar so not too bad. I try and drive it when i can, the weather in montana isn't the greatest sometimes:p I like the paint it does seem to change at different lighting.

BillsHoe

Apprentice
Aug 28, 2011
Zoo York
Wow nice touch car looks better than it came from the factory by far. I love the covers you made under hood, would they beable to be done again do you have templets? Nicest Hurst Ive seen..

iameggor

Greasemonkey
Feb 25, 2011
Montana
BillsHoe said:
Wow nice touch car looks better than it came from the factory by far. I love the covers you made under hood, would they beable to be done again do you have templets? Nicest Hurst Ive seen..

hey thanks I don't think I threw away the templates but I will take a look in the garage a little when I start working on the trunk some more. If not i could probably use the ones I made as a template/reference also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor