Status
Not open for further replies.

iameggor

Greasemonkey
Feb 25, 2011
Montana
84clonewars said:
Sign me up for a set

Well It looks like I will start making some up I will PM you when I have a set made and I can get them to you

iameggor

Greasemonkey
Feb 25, 2011
Montana
Re: project Andy's 84 Hurst/Olds update trunk and misc

So today I did a little more to the Olds. I worked on making a few panels for the trunk section and figuring out how I wanted them to attach them. I was wanting to make it easy to access the spare and the sub if I wanted, so I picked up some Dzus fasteners for the trunk. I made a bar to support the upper part of the block off panel and welded in a couple back plate for the fasteners. the lower part of the trunk is a snug fit and also wedges the bottom of the back panel so it is not going anywhere. Now I can start making the side pieces now that i have a way to secure them.

Attachments

• IMG_1216.jpg
    IMG_1216.jpg
    269.2 KB · Views: 1,212
  • IMG_1230.jpg
    IMG_1230.jpg
    463.1 KB · Views: 1,193
  • IMG_1223.jpg
    IMG_1223.jpg
    259.8 KB · Views: 1,212
  • IMG_1220.jpg
    IMG_1220.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 1,196

iameggor

Greasemonkey
Feb 25, 2011
Montana
Re: project Andy's 84 Hurst/Olds update misc

Working on the car today I realized I neglected to add or take picture from a few other things I have done to the car.
I put a pair of electric fans from a 04 toyota camery they magically bolted up to the factory fan shroud bolt locations I just had to modify a little to fit around the upper radiator hose and a few other unneeded pieces. They don't work half bad keep the 455 pretty cool, a little noisy though :roll: . I also took a picture of my new 100 amp alternator from summit racing. I also thought I would show everyone how I painted the stripes and lower black into the jambs to give it a cleaner look. I also added a custom third brake light. The light my friend had in his shed off a 99 suburban, with a little paint and some wiring looks almost factory on the interior of the olds. It also gives me a little more piece of mind that someone wont run into me... or at least they shouldn't have an excuse to not see my brake lights.

Attachments

• IMG_1205.jpg
    IMG_1205.jpg
    442.1 KB · Views: 1,247
  • IMG_1211.jpg
    IMG_1211.jpg
    373.1 KB · Views: 1,219
  • IMG_1245.jpg
    IMG_1245.jpg
    217.5 KB · Views: 1,212
  • IMG_1251.jpg
    IMG_1251.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 1,207
  • IMG_1259.jpg
    IMG_1259.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 1,208

87Cut1a55

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 13, 2012
The detail you have put into the car is awesome. One of the nicest cars I've seen. I am not sure if you already mentioned this but what size wheels and tires are you running?

iameggor

Greasemonkey
Feb 25, 2011
Montana
87Cut1a55 said:
The detail you have put into the car is awesome. One of the nicest cars I've seen. I am not sure if you already mentioned this but what size wheels and tires are you running?

Thanks. I don't think I did talk about the wheels. Well they are the original 15 inch rally wheels that came with the car. They where painted silver from the factory over the chrome, I striped them and that was underneath. I am running Firehawk Indy 500s 215/65s up front and 255/60's in the back.

84oldshurst

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 19, 2012
Wow! Great job. Car looks awesome. I liked the custom touch of painting on the stripes and emblems instead buying a stripe kit. Nice work.

BillsHoe

Apprentice
Aug 28, 2011
Zoo York
iameggor said:
Rasheerh said:
would you care to make another set? i need the filler pieces for my cutty

I could probably make another set using the ones I made already for a template, It would cost 80 + shipping for the 3 piece in black ABS with some standard black fasteners, The only tools you would need to install is a 10 socket and a drill to drill a couple holes in the header panel braces to support the covers. I would also need a little time to make them from scratch.
Let me know also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor