BUILD THREAD Project Diesel No More/Teen Dreams Realized

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
There's that pesky "B" word again, "Budget". That's one of the worst words ever.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
I'm leaving the wheels full chrome for now. I've considered painting recesses, and may consider it again later. I'm hoping to see some of these 17" repro wheels that have been painted to see how they look. There were some dents and dings and paint needs that are higher priority for now, and since I've already blown my original budget with add ons, color on the wheels went into the "maybe later" category.
Understandable.

For the thought bank..... I've never used it personally but know a few that have but you could possibly use something like the Plasti-Dip spray. Tape off the areas you want shiny & spray a wheel. If you don't care for it, peel it off. Food for thought.

Reactions: 1 user

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Understandable.

For the thought bank..... I've never used it personally but know a few that have but you could possibly use something like the Plasti-Dip spray. Tape off the areas you want shiny & spray a wheel. If you don't care for it, peel it off. Food for thought.
But...but....but.... only ricers use that stuff

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

dgmeadows

Greasemonkey
Mar 29, 2017
Georgia
There's that pesky "B" word again, "Budget". That's one of the worst words ever.
Amen, brother. The things we could come up with if money was no issue. This is a long time coming project, so thankfully my wife has been accepting of my desires to go ahead with additional upgrades rather than piecemeal it over years. Still, I have spread the expenses out over almost a year and a half, which made it a bit easier on cash flow.

Reactions: 2 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
It's a beautiful car. Doesn't deserve shortcuts.

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
I too have a very supportive wife. It's my wallet that doesn't have my back as much as I'd like. One step at a time.

Reactions: 2 users

dgmeadows

Greasemonkey
Mar 29, 2017
Georgia
Last week they were conferring with Dakota Digital about cruise control set up and tuning the Holley ECM and transmission, and the heater core starts leaking.... crap. Not a huge deal, just delays getting the car into the paint shop. Still hoping to be posting "after" pics in July.

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Last week they were conferring with Dakota Digital about cruise control set up and tuning the Holley ECM and transmission, and the heater core starts leaking.... crap. Not a huge deal, just delays getting the car into the paint shop. Still hoping to be posting "after" pics in July.
Bummer. However, it's good it's leaking now when things are still kind of apart already. If your A/C is apart, replace the evaporator while the A/C box is open. It's ONLY a few dollars more and your right there anyway.

• Agree

dgmeadows

Greasemonkey
Mar 29, 2017
Georgia
Good idea. We've decided to leave the heater core bypassed for now. I certainly won't need heat anytime soon. In middle GA, I could easily live without heat in a weekend driver, but not A/C. We might have some other tweaks to make after I put a few miles on it, so we will revisit the heater core later. So that means the car will head to the body shop soon. Getting closer.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor