PROJECT " LAID BACK 2 " - 1978 SALON 2 DOOR AEROBACK

Status
Not open for further replies.

88AZSS

Master Mechanic
Mar 13, 2018
Mesa, AZ
EXTREMELY jealous of your pick up there of the rear end but glad someone that will put it to good use got it. Even better than you practically stole it. Nothing worse than loosing it to the crusher.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
sweet score! I'm green with envy! :notworthy:

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
You lucky b*st*rd🙂

Reactions: 1 user

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
PURE AWESOMENESS!!! Congratulations on your score!!!

Reactions: 1 user

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
Another small part came in the mail today. Deluxe dome light. My car has the standard round dome light, but I'm wanting to add all of the options that I can get without adding too much weight. I got this from a Forum Member, who has helped me a lot. Thanks again, Derrick! This light is in great shape, with NO pitting in the chrome housing. Offset bracket, hardware, and wiring harness included.
IMG_1067.JPG

I just got done polishing the housing, and the lens. ( This pic was taken before ) Now it looks new! I will replace the bulbs with new LED's.

Reactions: 7 users

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
I'm travelling tomorrow... wish me luck!

Reactions: 4 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
About that dome light lens......

If yours doesn't pan out on cleaning up- it should, but just in case- you can still get new GM ones. GM p/n 8780507. List price of 16.71. Probably get them cheaper on fleabay (11.99 shipped) and even Amazon! (listed for 16.21) With your discount, maybe cheaper?

But still, you need to make sure you're getting the style you want. You have the white version, but some of the new replacements are white and some are frosted with a bit more clear look to it similar in clarity to the round dome light lenses. Same shape to fit your housing though. Just in case you wanted more light from your LED to shine through? Your call. Insurance policy.

• Informative
Reactions: 3 users

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
About that dome light lens......

If yours doesn't pan out on cleaning up- it should, but just in case- you can still get new GM ones. GM p/n 8780507. List price of 16.71. Probably get them cheaper on fleabay (11.99 shipped) and even Amazon! (listed for 16.21) With your discount, maybe cheaper?

But still, you need to make sure you're getting the style you want. You have the white version, but some of the new replacements are white and some are frosted with a bit more clear look to it similar in clarity to the round dome light lenses. Same shape to fit your housing though. Just in case you wanted more light from your LED to shine through? Your call. Insurance policy.
Thanks for that info. Part #'s and pricing... much appreciated. My lens cleaned up very nicely, but more light transfer would be better. I will look into the frosted/clear lens right now. (y)

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor