BUILD THREAD Project long time coming

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
He's not using the truck bracket.

Sean's power steering pump setup is the preferred deal, but it doesn't work for a turbski installation with flipped truck manifold facing forward.

But his setup is ultra easier than the truck bracket for a normal facing manifold.

Reactions: 1 user

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
The truck bracket and accessories are virtually free, which is why they are frequently used. The ICT Billet brackets to repackage the truck accessories is a nice compromise but not cheap. The Corvette accessory drive looks and fits the best, in my opinion but is Corvette price.

Reactions: 2 users

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
How come your power steering pulley isn't crashing into the steering box like all the rest of the people with that issue? Doesn't even look close, yet there are probably 100 threads about it.
I'm using a Camaro PS pump and bracket, along with the other accessories of course. I did it specifically for that reason but there were some other benefits too. It kept the alternator on the passenger side like stock, the Camaro water pump has the outlet facing forwards instead of up, and they all hug the block about an inch closer than the truck brackets. Plus I just think this setup looks better than the truck setup.

• Winner
Reactions: 4 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I'm using a Camaro PS pump and bracket, along with the other accessories of course. I did it specifically for that reason but there were some other benefits too. It kept the alternator on the passenger side like stock, the Camaro water pump has the outlet facing forwards instead of up, and they all hug the block about an inch closer than the truck brackets. Plus I just think this setup looks better than the truck setup.
I thought the Camaro setup had the alternator low on the Driver's side, from the factory?

Reactions: 1 user

Streetbu

Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
I thought the Camaro setup had the alternator low on the Driver's side, from the factory?
They did, which is why I'm using the ICT alternator bracket.

Reactions: 3 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Yep, what Shawn said. He and I are basically using the same pulley setup. LS1 Camaro power steering pump and water pump, then truck balancer and alternator. It looks like a sbc setup which is cool to me.
For my setup particularly it has messed with quite a few people at shows and cruises. The coil covers resemble big block valve covers and I've told people I have everything from a 454 to a 396, or even 455 lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Streetbu

Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Yep, what Shawn said. He and I are basically using the same pulley setup. LS1 Camaro power steering pump and water pump, then truck balancer and alternator. It looks like a sbc setup which is cool to me.
For my setup particularly it has messed with quite a few people at shows and cruises. The coil covers resemble big block valve covers and I've told people I have everything from a 454 to a 396, or even 455 lol.
I'm using a Camaro balancer too.

Reactions: 2 users

Streetbu

Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Well here's tonights progress. Going to have to eat a little crow on this one. I'm using Speed Engineering 1-3/4" full length headers. Supposed to fit great. Seemed like they did before, but since I had to move my engine forward one set of holes on the ICT swap plates so it would tilt back far enough to get the transmission in, now they hit. Well the passengers side at least. So I cut a chunk off the frame and welded in a patch. Much better, think I might take the header back out and do some more though. It's still VERY close...

20210518_191459.jpg
20210518_190112.jpg
20210518_192906.jpg

20210518_193951.jpg

Reactions: 7 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Did you tell them it was a GN?

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Streetbu

Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Plugging away on the car this weekend. Got the throttle cable installed. Had to modify the factory bracket because I'm using an aftermarket t-body, and an adapter, the bracket pointed the cable downwards. Welded some washers on the back side and reused one of its original mounting holes and it appears to work fine. The real test will be driving down the road of course.

20210522_135217.jpg

Decided to move on to the clutch system. If you remember, I bought the sickspeed monte bracket and pedal assembly. Looked very nice. Well, that was short lived. Not very happy at the moment especially given the price. Went to assemble it onto my bracket and there was so much play in the pedal, I figured I must've done something wrong. The internal sleeve bushing that he provided was WAY too big and allowed for a ridiculous amount of pedal movement. Luckily my car was already a stick so I tried my old bushing and it wouldn't quite fit. I used a polishing wheel on my 2" pneumatic angle grinder and it then slid in like butter. Now there is no play and performs like it should. Furthermore, when I went on his website and checked the directions to make sure I wasn't doing something wrong, he mentions that he provides new pedal pads with it. I also didn't receive those. Definitely disappointed but lucky I was able to continue moving forward today.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor