BUILD THREAD Project long time coming

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Air intake is mostly done. Just need to add a tab to the tuberose I can bolt it to the inner fender. Air filter goes in front of the left front tire and right behind the hole in the front air dam. Not sure if I'm going to keep it polished or possibly have it powdercoated a color.

20210524_184513.jpg
20210524_184517.jpg

Reactions: 9 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Decided to move on to the clutch system. If you remember, I bought the sickspeed monte bracket and pedal assembly. Looked very nice. Well, that was short lived. Not very happy at the moment especially given the price. Went to assemble it onto my bracket and there was so much play in the pedal, I figured I must've done something wrong. The internal sleeve bushing that he provided was WAY too big and allowed for a ridiculous amount of pedal movement. Luckily my car was already a stick so I tried my old bushing and it wouldn't quite fit. I used a polishing wheel on my 2" pneumatic angle grinder and it then slid in like butter. Now there is no play and performs like it should. Furthermore, when I went on his website and checked the directions to make sure I wasn't doing something wrong, he mentions that he provides new pedal pads with it. I also didn't receive those. Definitely disappointed but lucky I was able to continue moving forward today.

You've hit all the reasons that I make everything I possibly can. What a sh*t show to buy stuff that you have to change to make work. Alot of the time my homemade crap isn't pretty, but it will always be effective. And usually for 1/4 of the price of bought stuff. Very glad to hear though that you adapted and overcame though (y)

Really like that TB, shore is nice :sneaky:

FWIW, I'm down with giving you hand when you get this ready to fire up - let me know. It looks like you're a couple of days of steady work from cranking it up.

Reactions: 4 users

Streetbu

Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
You've hit all the reasons that I make everything I possibly can. What a sh*t show to buy stuff that you have to change to make work. Alot of the time my homemade crap isn't pretty, but it will always be effective. And usually for 1/4 of the price of bought stuff. Very glad to hear though that you adapted and overcame though (y)

Really like that TB, shore is nice :sneaky:

FWIW, I'm down with giving you hand when you get this ready to fire up - let me know. It looks like you're a couple of days of steady work from cranking it up.
That would be awesome! If I can catch a break I'd love to be able to do it this weekend, but I feel like that isn't going to happen. I've got a bunch of work to do to just to get the exhaust hooked up to the headers.

Streetbu

Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Well I made forward progress today. Not as much as I wanted but at least it's in the right direction. Pedal, clutch master cylinder, and bracket are installed. FYI, it's a real PITA to pull the brake pedal assembly out if you've never done it. Even harder when you have a clutch pedal too. Then trying to line the booster, the bracket, the firewall, and the pedal assembly up, by yourself makes for some choice words. LOL While I was at it I also installed the new brake master cylinder to help improve my brake pedal feel. Started to install the clutch master to slave cylinder line but it either didn't come with a roll pin, or I lost it. Which is entirely possible. I'll snag one of those in the morning, make a bracket for the clutch reservoir, and get the clutch bled out. Intake tube is almost done being fabricated. Just have to finish the welds on a spot underneath that you can't see in the pics. And no, I didn't weld it, a co-worker did. I can mig steel, and probably aluminum but don't have a spool gun so he TIG'd it for me.

20210528_204636.jpg
20210529_182150.jpg
20210529_182135.jpg
20210529_182216.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 8 users

Streetbu

Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Thanks Tony1968 , Still have two more days to work on it. Had other things that came up today that had to be done. Hoping to get a bunch more done. Maybe even test fire. Fingers 🤞

Reactions: 3 users

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
The dirt on the floor mat and engine bay humbles me. It means you actually drive this car the way it was intended. Keep plugging away and soon you'll be driving it again.

Reactions: 1 users

Streetbu

Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
The dirt on the floor mat and engine bay humbles me. It means you actually drive this car the way it was intended. Keep plugging away and soon you'll be driving it again.
Yep, she's no show queen for sure. I want it to be nice, but I built it to be driven, and driven hard.

• Winner

Streetbu

Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Well, in typical fashion my ADD kicked in and I had a quick little mission to go on this morning. I found these gems on FB marketplace and had to have them. Luckily the lady held them for me until this morning. Damn they are heavy! 30" wide, 29" deep, and 59" tall. Stanley Vidmar. If you don't know that name, you should. Oh and you can all hate me now. $50 each! 🤣 Now I just need to figure out where in the hell I'm going to put them. My garage is full. Maybe the gun room? Who knows.

20210530_110142.jpg
20210530_110212.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 8 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor