Central NY
I hope so, that's the plan at least LOL

Reactions: 2 users

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Alright I need some help. I need a temp sending unit to screw into the driver's side cylinder head for a factory gauge. But.... It needs to have 3/8" pipe thread not 1/2" like the stock sender. Anyone have a part number? The Vortec heads have 3/8" holes not 1/2" like older SBC heads.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Alright I need some help. I need a temp sending unit to screw into the driver's side cylinder head for a factory gauge. But.... It needs to have 3/8" pipe thread not 1/2" like the stock sender. Anyone have a part number? The Vortec heads have 3/8" holes not 1/2" like older SBC heads.
Just look up '81 & up for it.

• Winner
Reactions: 4 users

Streetbu

Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Not much to write about. Got the new temp sending unit and installed it along with the polished swivel t-stat housing. Stabbed the distributor in and got it close to being timed. Then realized my balancer sits too far in and the serpentine belt would end up wearing weird or falling off. Ordered lower crank pulley shims to get the pulley to line up with the rest. Finally drilled the holes in the frame for the trans crossmember. Dug out the chrome breather for the valve cover, hooked up the pcv hose to the carb. Really just wasted time in the garage and loved it :) I want to start the engine for just 15-20 seconds since coolant won't be hooked up. Easier to work on now than leaning over the fender. Especially since I had back surgery 2 years ago. Here's a couple pics for you guys. And yes, I'm getting rid of the ugly yellow wires! Just haven't pulled the trigger on them and the looms yet.

IMG_20180408_193212.jpg
IMG_20180408_193303.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users

Streetbu

Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
So I got sidetracked with some side work. Gotta make money to support my car habit ya know. LOL back on the car again. Wanted to start the engine just to make sure I didn't mess anything up. Didn't think I did but since having back surgery two years ago, I can't imagine leaning over a fender and yanking cast iron cylinder heads off. Much easier to do when you're standing right next to the engine. So I basically hotwired it and ran it for maybe 20 seconds. Damn I miss that sound! The video clips just don't do it justice... Ok I guess they're too big.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Streetbu

Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Well the time has finally come to drop the body back down! I know, I know, took me long enough! LOL I just sorted thru the Energy Suspension urethane mounts. I had also bought a bolt kit. I can't remember who I got the bolts from though. There are two short bolts in the kit. Where do they go? Anyone know?
15250371349444998310882734409827.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor