BUILD THREAD Project long time coming

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
I know right!... I've stuck with manifolds for a long time because I hated changing gaskets on headers. But the headers I had before we're always cheapy Blackjack $89 specials. Couldn't keep cast manifolds with the new heads...

Reactions: 1 users

Streetbu

Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Exhaust pipes connected to the headers. Gotta pull it back apart for gaskets but going to wait until imI sure I don't have to pull it apart for some stupid reason. Just need these to last long enough to get to my friends exhaust shop...
IMG_20180319_201050.jpg
IMG_20180319_201021.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

Streetbu

Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
In other news my wife bought me a Speedglas welding helmet last year for my birthday. Today was the their time I used, second time being yesterday. Keep getting flashed and my eyes are killing me. Replaced the batteries thinking they were old. No difference. Adjusted to every different setting, no difference. Google it, come to find out it's a common issue and the only fix is to replace the helmet/lens. WTF?! Better be under warranty. Sucks when you spend $ to get what you thought we're good quality items only to have them fail anyways :/

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

Streetbu

Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
That crossmember looks like my old one I have sitting in the garage, where you get yours from?

Years ago, like 20 maybe. A company called MTS in Michigan I think... Seriously heavy duty (Maximum Torque Specialties) don't think they are in business anymore

Streetbu

Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
A little more progress... Passenger side was easy, driver's side I had a few issues. Didn't realize my ps pump wouldn't fit the bracket. Just got back from the junkyard. Got a used pump, also a few bolts that decided to grow legs on me LOL goong out of town for a few days so won't get a chance to work on it again til the end of the week.
IMG_20180325_143754.jpg

Streetbu

Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Had to keep working on it. Still waiting on paint to dry for the pump and a bracket that goes on the back of the pump. But every little bit helpsh Everything is either painted, clear coated, or powdercoated. I even did the new alternator. Also used stainless hardware everywhere I could.
IMG_20180325_200911.jpg

Streetbu

Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Back from my work trip and spent a couple of hours in the shop tomight. Serpentine setup is complete! Well, still have to swap the wiring for the alternator but that's simple and will be done once the body is back on the frame
IMG_20180329_205118.jpg
I also remembered to grab the bracket that goes on the back of the p/s pump and up to the alternator. Most people leave it off and it can cause issues when missing under severe use.
IMG_20180329_205147.jpg

Reactions: 6 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor