BUILD THREAD Project Olds Cool (Recognition!!)

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I'm going to spend more of your money on genuine GM parts: :)

I like the horns you restored. Came out nice. And then I saw it....there's a matter of that nasty yellowed WSW tub distracting from those sweet looking inner fenders.

They DO have new ones from GM so if you can get a discount at your nearby GM dealer, it would be bonus. Of course, there's plenty of ebay listings, etc. And they don't break the bank. Maybe a Canadian bank, but...

WSW Container, 78-81 Cutlass 2 door A-body, GM p/n 1256620. Fits others, but A-body Olds is 78-81 2 door, and 82-87 G-body 4 door, and 82-83 wagon. They come in WHITE translucent color. And they're not brittle. I suspect they're low on supply and will drop these soon, as the list price is going up fairly dramatically. List from GM: $42.47 USD. Used to buy these all day long at 11 bucks.
s-l1600.jpg

Same with the coolant reservoir. I'm betting your rezzy matches your wsw tank in color. 78-80 Cutlass A body, GM p/n 14085692. List price from GM $24.98 USD ($3,678.00 in CAD + GST) :)
71-Ltfy8xqL._SL1500_.jpg

Reactions: 8 users

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Damn, you lucky SOB! Glad the Astro roof worked out and it looks great as usual!

Reactions: 2 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I'm happy for you Donovan. Savor the win. It will help you get through the bad car days. Looks like you are right on track for being ready for the booth.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I'm going to spend more of your money on genuine GM parts: :)

I like the horns you restored. Came out nice. And then I saw it....there's a matter of that nasty yellowed WSW tub distracting from those sweet looking inner fenders.

They DO have new ones from GM so if you can get a discount at your nearby GM dealer, it would be bonus. Of course, there's plenty of ebay listings, etc. And they don't break the bank. Maybe a Canadian bank, but...

WSW Container, 78-81 Cutlass 2 door A-body, GM p/n 1256620. Fits others, but A-body Olds is 78-81 2 door, and 82-87 G-body 4 door, and 82-83 wagon. They come in WHITE translucent color. And they're not brittle. I suspect they're low on supply and will drop these soon, as the list price is going up fairly dramatically. List from GM: $42.47 USD. Used to buy these all day long at 11 bucks.
s-l1600.jpg

Same with the coolant reservoir. I'm betting your rezzy matches your wsw tank in color. 78-80 Cutlass A body, GM p/n 14085692. List price from GM $24.98 USD ($3,678.00 in CAD + GST) :)
71-Ltfy8xqL._SL1500_.jpg

Bah, that’s easy stuff to locate!

Want a real challenge? See if you can find me an AstroRoof manual crank handle. Apparently the AstroRoof cars were supposed to come with one one in the glovebox for cases of emergency if the power crapped out on them or the motors grenaded.

Not surprisingly, it’s missing from this car and I’d love to locate one just for the novelty and to complete the package. I haven’t even been able to find a part number or picture of it.

• Haha
  • Agree
Reactions: 7 users

84dragcutlass

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2009
North Vernon IN
Looks really good! For the seals there is a company called steele rubber products that has a huge list of seals. Basically just match up what yours looks like and they probably have it. That just an "in case" thing if for some reason any of yours dont work. Just thought i would throw that out there if some of the aftermarket stuff for our cars isnt that good. Makes me really not look forward to replacing all the seals on my car

Reactions: 1 users

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
The top looks great. I know you put alot of work into it earlier but its pretty sweet when things cooperate and come together for sure. I noticed the cover slightly off some other random car in your garage.... Great work as always.

"Random Car" lol

You should probably check the thread on that beast.

The Juggernaut.

• Agree
Reactions: 7 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Bah, that’s easy stuff to locate!

Want a real challenge? See if you can find me an AstroRoof manual crank handle. Apparently the AstroRoof cars were supposed to come with one one in the glovebox for cases of emergency if the power crapped out on them or the motors grenaded.

Not surprisingly, it’s missing from this car and I’d love to locate one just for the novelty and to complete the package. I haven’t even been able to find a part number or picture of it.
The challenge isn't me FINDING it. I can find the number and a picture. I cannot find something that isn't there.

GM p/n 20081501 Tool kit. Sunroof crank with instruction sheet. 78-88 A/G with CF5. Any other questions? :)

1979-Cadillac-Eldorado-Seville-Original-Instructions-Electric-Power.jpg

#27 on the pic below.

Crank Handle Sunroof 20081501.jpg

• Winner
  • Wow
Reactions: 8 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Fact is, that tool and kit stuff was basically in nearly EVERY A/G body 78-87/88 GM car that had a sunroof. And it's a shame you don't run across them more often. B/C/E bodies...

Reactions: 3 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
The challenge isn't me FINDING it. I can find the number and a picture. I cannot find something that isn't there.

GM p/n 20081501 Tool kit. Sunroof crank with instruction sheet. 78-88 A/G with CF5. Any other questions? :)

1979-Cadillac-Eldorado-Seville-Original-Instructions-Electric-Power.jpg

#27 on the pic below.

View attachment 137498

That’s awesome Mike, thank you. I knew you were the man that would find what I couldn’t.

Now, where to get me one...
😕

Reactions: 4 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor