BUILD THREAD Project Olds Cool (Recognition!!)

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Nice to see you put on the freedom units 👏
Hope it was a good ride. In the 4 years how many km's have you accrued?

To be perfectly honest Tony, I really have no idea. I’m not a big mileage guy to begin with, so I never really took note. Couple that with the fact that I was still sporadically driving it when I started restoring it, and well, you understand.

If I had to hazard a guess, it’d be several thousand for sure. We’ve been all over Southern Alberta in it, including two trips to the Street Machine Weekend in consecutive years in Lethbridge, Waterton Lakes National Park, and countless small towns, shows, road trips and events since completion. It’s what we do during the summer months.

Other than having to replace a cheap alternator and troubleshooting the source of an odd noise (flexplate rubbing on the dust shield) it truly has been problem free.

I guess I can build a respectable, if not reliable, hot rod.
😎

• Winner
Reactions: 13 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Definitely a head turner.

IMG_4650.gif

Reactions: 1 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Reactions: 2 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Yet another little thing to add to this here thread.

2 weeks ago when we were in Three Hills Alberta for their annual car show, we happened across an artist sitting in the middle of the street sketching a cartoon of a gentleman’s car. His work was so amazing and we were so intrigued by it, I asked what it would take to get him to commission one for Olds Cool.

He said that he was booked up for the rest of the day and could not do any more, but if we would go and talk to his wife she would take pictures of the car and he would do it in the following weeks. So we did just that, paid his asking price, and went along our merry way.

TBH, I had kind of forgotten all about it, until I got home from work last night and found this huge flat cardboard package addressed to me sitting on the kitchen table. Have a look, I’m absolutely tickled pink with it, he nailed it! Right down to the smallest details.

IMG_4665.jpeg

Today we went out and got a frame for it, and found a suitably appropriate place for it in the house.

IMG_4664.jpeg

He has an Instagram page, does amazing work, and reasonably priced. Let me know if anyone wants me to post the link to his page.

• Love
  • Friendly
Reactions: 24 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor