BUILD THREAD Project Olds Cool (Updated 5/15/19, belt mouldings!)

Rktpwrd

Rktpwrd

Royal Smart Person
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
What are your plans for bumpers (if I may ask)?
That one I’m not totally sure on just yet.
I think, no, I know they’ll need some sort of brushed finish to complete the theme throughout the car, but I think I’ll end up experimenting with it a bit first.

I might try sanding the chrome inline along the length of them first, probably completely through the chrome but not through the nickel layer underneath. If that looks like crap, I can try DA’ing the surfaces with 220 in a circular pattern and see how that looks.
Either way, as long as I don’t break through the nickel layer, I shouldn’t have to clear coat them.

Scott sent me a picture one time when he had sanded his bumpers inline and it looked really good. I’ll be attempting to achieve the same me thinks. I’m a ways off from that yet anyways, so I’m not gonna worry about it until I get a little closer.

Rktpwrd

Rktpwrd

Royal Smart Person
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
You know, D, I was skeptical on the brushed look but it's really growing on me. (y)
Thanks Garth.
The pictures don’t really even do it justice, it looks even better in person. Especially against the dark grey metallic paint.

So many details.......

Looking good, Donovan!
Thanks Mike, appreciate it sir!
😊

liquidh8

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2011
Yardley, PA or wherever the military takes me
Awesome work as always Donovan, love the brushed look!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Rktpwrd

Rktpwrd

Royal Smart Person
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada