Project "Sand Bagger"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Project "Bagging Rights"

Someone said the newer header panel wouldnt work on the older core support. The only thing that was an issue is that you need to cut out holes for the extra headlight plugs and lower marker light plugs. Otherwise all the mounts are the same. I'm going to paint both new and old header panels and see which one I like better. I think the newer one will win. :wink:

As for the old green color; to quote the Bishop Don "Magic" Juan, "Green is for the money, but Gold is for the honeys".
:rofl:

Started on the rear quarters. Need to do both sides, they had alot of covered up rust. got rid of the marker lights too.
IMG_20120802_160431.jpg

My wife and I like to take photos, mostly to print and decorate my sons room with. Today I took a pic of my favorite toy car, thought some of you might like it.

toycars050.jpg

I think I have every G body el camino hot wheels, this is the only one not in its package 😢
toyelcamino002-1.jpg

Little closer every day. Got something special planned, hopefully I can show you next weekend. :mrgreen:
IMG_20120805_151152.jpg

This part not fitting that model doesn't always apply to people like us,they said a 2010 camaro nose wouldn't fit mine. :rofl: September seems to be a good time to do paintwork, tryin to get a little done myself by then,may take a few day's off also. But yea, the long work weeks & summer heat do take it out of you. If that wsn't true , I,d be out there now instead of in here typing this. :roll:
Good luck gettin ready for paint,we're pullin for ya.

It seems like I go to a wedding or a baby is born every weekend :mrgreen: Took off work early today to try and finish the last bit of body work on the elco. And I succeeded. Thank God.

No after pic, but here is before
IMG_20120817_115333.jpg

Its all welded up and smoothed out. Car is ready for some block sanding now, Getting antsy to paint it. :lol:

I pulled these from a newer buick, but I think they will look too cheesy. They are funtional vents. If anyone wants them, message me
IMG_20120813_121516.jpg

IMG_20120813_121406.jpg

And just for fun, the rear heights from full to aired out.
IMG_20120807_163452.jpg

IMG_20120807_163315.jpg

its getting there but man i dont want to see you finish it cuz if you go and paint it up all nice then you cant cut it up and do more custom stuff. i wish i had the money to do bags for my elcamino. keep up the awesome work

I have the 79' z-28 vents on mine, which others have done also. Still planing on making something sheetmetal only, similar to what I have, but like the ferrari 599 ,but stopping at fender edge :idea: .http://www.caranddriver.com/photos-08q1 ... oto-189807
Wanted to do it before I repainted my front end a couple of springs ago, but ran out of midnights to get it done in time.

jlcustomz said:
I have the 79' z-28 vents on mine, which others have done also. Still planing on making something sheetmetal only, similar to what I have, but like the ferrari 599 ,but stopping at fender edge :idea: .http://www.caranddriver.com/photos-08q1 ... oto-189807
Wanted to do it before I repainted my front end a couple of springs ago, but ran out of midnights to get it done in time.
That would look awesome!

I thought of doing some louvers in the fender too, like gills. We'll see. This thing needs to get finished, unfortunately that means I have to do it. :blam:
Started to grind down the inside of the bed so I can smooth it out and bedline it.
elcaminobeforepaint005.jpg

dont paint it just leave it in primer! it looks so much better as a work in progress plus if you have any other ideas you would have to paint it again. oh and get back to me about that rear roll pan if you can do any better on price for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor